View RSS Feed

frangemini

Moving House - is it a good idea with a husband with early onset dementure?

Rate this Entry
Hello

I have a dilemma and could use some advice. My husband was diagnosed with early onset dementure 3 years ago. He has not altered greatly but there are signs of the speed of change gradually increasing. My problem is he has suddenly decided that he wants to move house. He is not capable of managing this in the administrative sense - although that would not be a problem for me - he is fit enough to help to pack boxes and move them although he needs supervision to do so.

Is this another symptom of his dementure? he talks of getting a bigger house (we don't need it) and to be able to get back to the status we used to have !!
I feel very unsure as to whether I should attempt to do this to keep him happy or whether all the physical, mental and financial struggle would achieve what he hopes it will.

Submit "Moving House - is it a good idea with a husband with early onset dementure?" to Digg Submit "Moving House - is it a good idea with a husband with early onset dementure?" to del.icio.us Submit "Moving House - is it a good idea with a husband with early onset dementure?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Moving House - is it a good idea with a husband with early onset dementure?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi frangemini,

Welcome to Talking Point (TP) .

I just noticed that you are a new member and made your first entry in a blog, which is great.

The blog area doesn't get as many views as the main support forum, so if you do want to 'introduce yourself' to other members, you may want to make a posting in the main forum area.

To get to the support area, click this link:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25

and then click on the ‘+Post new thread’ button in grey (this turns green when you hover your mouse over it):

Hope this helps!

Best wishes
    Hi Sue

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I have posted this blog onto the Forum and hope that it will bring me some replies.

Kind regards

frangemini

Quote Originally Posted by sue38
    Hi frangemini,

Welcome to Talking Point (TP) .

I just noticed that you are a new member and made your first entry in a blog, which is great.

The blog area doesn't get as many views as the main support forum, so if you do want to 'introduce yourself' to other members, you may want to make a posting in the main forum area.

To get to the support area, click this link:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25

and then click on the ‘+Post new thread’ button in grey (this turns green when you hover your mouse over it):

Hope this helps!

Best wishes