View RSS Feed

Jancis

Could my Great Uncle be suffering from pseudo-dementia?

Rate this Entry
(MaryW wondered about this when she posted on my thread in the Tea Room today.)

Gt Uncle is 92. Many folk would say, come on, he's had a very good innings - what do you expect from a man who's wife has been dead for 20 yrs and has been coping on his own. They would find it hard to understand why I am trying to find a reason for him suddenly behaving in a way that is associated with a dementing illness.

Perhaps there is something mentally wrong with me but I find it necessary to try and find reasons to explain the unexplainable.

Mum spoke to GU today in the community hospital and she said he sounded so much better. He asked her to contact his very good friend who he knew could easily visit him as he lives close to the hospital. He gave Mum the friend's name and he remembered his address but not the house number. I found the telephone number on 192.com and Mum dialled the number but it was on answerphone so she had to leave a message and left her number hoping to hear back. Later this evening we heard from the friend's wife who said her husband had gone to visit GU. She explained that GU has not been well for quite some time (mentally) - they felt trepidaton when visiting him as often he has been quite aggressive!!!!!! OMG - it would seem my instincts were not too far off course after all.

If he's been suffering from his hip replacements and subsequent falls could this be an inflammation problem that might be treatable?

Submit "Could my Great Uncle be suffering from pseudo-dementia?" to Digg Submit "Could my Great Uncle be suffering from pseudo-dementia?" to del.icio.us Submit "Could my Great Uncle be suffering from pseudo-dementia?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Could my Great Uncle be suffering from pseudo-dementia?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments