View RSS Feed

Jancis

More about J aged 93 - and his thoughts on the massacre in Norway

Rate this Entry
It's been a weekend of great sadness and worry. The world news has been absolutely dreadful.
Thank goodness for someone who is much wiser than anyone I know who is alive today. My mum's friend, who is 93, phones us regularly. He lives alone in a small first floor apartment and hasn't been outside for several years. He watches TV and the news and gets a newspaper once a week. He phoned today and asked me to find some info on the internet for him - I do this regularly (mostly about old films and lyrics of old songs). Today he had me flummoxed - "you need to find out about The Prince", he said.
"OK", I said.
"Machiavelli's Prince" (he didn't pronounce Machiavelli very well), "It will explain to you what is going on in the world".
I didn't understand but I knew he was onto something as he is a mine of philosophical information when it comes to world news. He mentioned Norway and I realised I should do some research. I looked up The Prince for him and am now about to send him the print-out pages. Apparently the young killer was impressed by The Prince. Not sure if I understand, other than about "bad deeds for political power" but am very impressed with our learned 92 yr old friend nevertheless. His brain is in very good shape and I wish he wasn't living in that flat all on his own - it seems such a waste of wonderful intellect and talent.

Submit "More about J aged 93 - and his thoughts on the massacre in Norway" to Digg Submit "More about J aged 93 - and his thoughts on the massacre in Norway" to del.icio.us Submit "More about J aged 93 - and his thoughts on the massacre in Norway" to StumbleUpon Submit "More about J aged 93 - and his thoughts on the massacre in Norway" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Just proves that us youngsters that we don't know it all.

It does seem a shame that a man with such a brain has isolated himself, but then again, having such insight to the dark side of the world may influence that isolation.
    That was really terrible. 93 people were deceased in two separate horror strikes in Norway. He surrendered after the strikes and is now in law enforcement custody. The attacks, the suspect promises, were to warn Europe of a Muslim takeover. Here is the proof: [URL="http://www.newsytype.com/9328-norway-massacre-suspect/"]Norway massacre suspect wants to be heard[/URL].