Now and Then
byon 12-04-2011 at 12:17 PM (576 Views)
Praise God for copy and paste!
Three and a half loooooooooooooooooooooooong years later she has reached stage 6 and is heading into 7.
Praise God she is:-
* Still able to feed herself as long as I cut it up.
* Still able to walk though much shorter distances and as the physio says im not supposed to walk far, that fits us both.
* Still able to read as far as the names on the side of the ferries in the port but she has been reading the same page of Matthew chapter 6 for the last 2 months.
* Still continent as long as she is potted regularly and our incredibly complicated routine for keeping her unconstipated doesnt come off the rails.
* Still able to reply to others with a whole sentence. With me its at most 3 real words and then "sound salad".
* Still smiley and chuckly and easily amused. Hating decisions and wanting life served up in nice little bite size portions. Which is just as well because im not yet strong enough for any other type of caring.
* Sundowning when she wakes from her after lunch nap but Risperdal makes that manageable and ive now got it down to a fine art repeating as required:-
* "Your name is M and im your daughter B. We have lived here together for the last 3 years. You dont need any money, you have no responsibilities and no worries."
* She always breaks into a relieved smile and says "Oh well thats asfn rhtkj yjkhjy!" meaning "fine then!".
But the reason im writing here isnt because life is so grand that I just have to share about it.