View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Valentines Charity Ball - Feb 2012

Hi All!

I have organsied a Valentines Ball in aid of Alzheimers Society & also for Francis House Childrens Hospice, Manchester.
    The ball will be held on Saturday 11th February 2012 at the Palace Hotel , Manchester.

The Ball will be held in honour of the Charities above, and we have organised a room with stage, dance floor & 3 course meal for 200-400 guests. We will have live music, singers, performers, silent auctions, raffles, competitions & much
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Morning shakes & feeling like dying

Can anyone help me,my mum has had Alzheimer's for about 3 years,she takes arricept, for about the past 6 months or more she wakes in the morning,shakey and feeling unwell,claiming that she is dying and that no one will listen to her or help her,sometimes I can get her out of it other times it will go on for hours,the hospital & doctors have done blood tests & urine samples and can find nothing wrong with her, I am totally at the end of my tether with this. Is it something that all dementia ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dad passed away 8 months ago

Hi there,

I've never posted before but dad passed away 8 months ago with Vascular Dementia.

The five years leading up to his passing were traumatic as any of you will know that have walked this path, but when Dad died I was the only one there and I decided to walk away as I couldn't bear to watch it any longer the noise of him was terrible with what I presume was the 'Death Rattle' and although he was on morphine and I'm sure unaware of things, the guilt I feel is terrible. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. what do we do?

Quote Originally Posted by mims View Post
    hi new to here, just stumbled upon it whilst trying to research vascular dementia. my mum has had this for about 10 years . my father is her carer and myself and brother help. it has now got to the stage now though that she only wants my dad with her, 24/7 . my father still works (they are both 65) and we have a lovely lady who is companion/carer to her in the mornings and then my dad takes over in the afternoons. my mum used to come to me in the afternoons, but recently that stopped as she is very
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Help and Advice Needed

Hi all, I am new to this forum so have never posted anything before, but I do need some serious advice from people who are in the know about dementia patients.

My father-in-law (who is believed to suffer with Lewis Body dementia) was earlier this year offered the opportunity to come and live with his son and me or, alternatively we would go and live with him. At the time he was fiercely independent and wanted to stay in his own home alone. He used to come to stay with us every weekend ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized