View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Toys

hi

I visitied my grandad the other day and i took a picture of him and my daughter on my phone, we showed it to him and of course he wasnt interested in the picture only the phone, there are are few residents that carry around belongings, onle lady has a baby and the other a 'Hello Kitty' soft toy.

My nan and I wondered if he would like something to fiddle with as he is always playing with his fingers so i ordered him a wooden twist and lock blocks and just wondered ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. respite?

Quote Originally Posted by kjaneh View Post
    In Scotland we have "day care" centres, where the person attends during the day from 10am till 4pm 7 days a week (depending on the place). theses are run by the local council.Do you have anything like that in England?
    We have a day centre she attends 2 days a week from 9.45 until 2.30, so not a lot really. It seems Scotland look after the elderly a lot better than in England. You are very lucky!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Help and advice

Hi
    Its the first time posting on the forum. I'm 30yrs old carer looking after my grandmother who has vascular dementia which over the last two weeks got worst her memory speech walking mood swings and eating.
    I don't want to put her in a home but I think she has just given up since my grandad died two months ago
    I am a nursed but its hard when its your grandmother to detached and her handle to mood swing the incontinence and how she doesn't laugh smile talk or enjoy the family ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fighting NHS over funding

Has anyone had any success fighting against a decision not to award Fully funded NHS continuing healthcare? Mum (who is in late stage AD and has refused to eat and drink for weeks and weighs less than 6 stone) has been totally duped by the NHS and social worker. We are suffering constant harassment to get her out of hospital and into a home. They are not following procedures and we are not being allowed papers we know we have a right to. Has anyone managed to get anyone reassessed and won? Thank ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Why do some people have to sell their homes while others don't - help!

My mum has dementia, but is still able to understand that she may at some stage lose her home. I am completely new to all the financial side of things, but I have to say I have been really shocked to find out that she may have to sell her house and use her savings taken to pay for her care. Don't get me wrong, if this was the same for everyone I wouldn't have an issue with it, but it appears that some people have to pay while others don't. Could someone explain why this is? Also why is it that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized