View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Lpa

This is my first time on this forum. My mother is 86 years old and is loosing her memory fast.

I am trying to find out if anyone knows the cost for a lasting power of attorney. I have been quoted 500.00 + VAT.
    This seems very expensive, dose anybody know if I can get this cheaper.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Advice needed on financial info for residential care

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferpa View Post
    Basically when it comes to paying for residential care only a person's own assets and income are considered. If there is a marital home, that's not considered either.

Does she have any savings? Or any joint savings?

These two fact sheets should give you the basic info to start with

Paying care home fees: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...documentID=125

When does the local authority pay for care?: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...documentID=112
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. while the cat's away (making progress with my dad)

Quote Originally Posted by Crikey View Post
    Oh, Lisa, thank you for very your kind words and your support (and your comment about how your Dad loved you and looked after you rings a big, big echo with me).

Social Services are going round on Thursday and have promised to call me after and let me know what happened. I think there's a big confrontation coming: a serious reading of the riot act and/or a moving van if my mother can't get the hang of being a human being, and fast.

My poor Dad--I know if was his choice
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Elemental "Snapshots" of the present

On very rare occasions I feel inspired to take a mental snapshot of a scene I am experiencing. I have no urge to go and find a camera, it's a mind thing. I wonder if others ever do this? It happened this evening, I was sitting in the garden. The sun was shining down although a cold unseasonal wind was brewing. I felt at ease and the wind seemed to create a unifying atmosphere, it's chill didn't bother me. I was reading a book when I noticed my mum pottering around through the corner of my eye. I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Too much information

Quote Originally Posted by creativesarah View Post
    little friend margaret from the boat took me out for a coffee today and then we stopped off at a local church for a nosey around we both like a bit of history
    I then rang doc and she had me in straight away as I'd had a lot of pain in my kidney area
    I described the pain as like being hit with an elastic band if you know what i mean
    (if you dont then get an elastic band in one hand pull it to as tight as you can and then let go of the end youre pulling!)
    I was awake
    Categories
    Uncategorized