View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My mums just been diagnosed today with early dementia, she is 83...

Can someone give me some advice, My 83 year old mum has been diagnosed today with early stage of Dementia. I am her only daughter, with severe rheumatoid arthritis, and i have no brothers or sisters, i am trying to come to terms with this. I cryed and cryed today, why my mum. She was such a bright lady, never been ill in her life, always loved life travelling,,,but lately she seem so withdrawn , didnt want to go out like we used too, calling me mornings early telling me she dosent feel well, please ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Questions without answers

I've had a long chat with my brother tonight engineered by mum who handed me the phone asking me to explain my thoughts on respite care etc. It was good to talk as they say but after half an hour my phone battery died and when I called back on another handset my brother didn't want to continue - can't blame him as I was really getting into my stride! I question my own motivation to spend so much time trying to be amateur mediator and counsellor - and indeed why I spend so much time on this forum ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. August 25th 19.00

Mum in law just phoned up. Said she had gone into the black box and there are no papers there.Also said she has been offered a free holiday and that she needs it although she hasn't a clue who has offered it. Doing a lot of huffing and puffing and seemed to be rather lost. Said she need the bond to go and sort out with the bank and Phil told her that it has already been sorted.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. August 25th 10.40am

mil rang and spoke to Phil about caravan. He reassured her that he is not going to sell the caravan until she is sure. D got on the phone and said it should be sold but Phil told him it was not his decision to make and that the caravan is not for sale. D has told mil that he will take her to the caravan but that she can not stay there as it is up for sale. Seems to me he is doing everything he can to cause her more confusion.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    Well i am back again to update the situation with Maureen`s Aunt and Uncle.

Over the last couple of months things have slowly declined with Uncle problem but Aunty has become very frail and has become very vacant.

Her GP has given her a memory test which she failed miserably and is waiting to be assessed by a doctor from the mental health department.

Both there personal affairs have become totally out of control and Maureen`s health has suffered.
    Categories
    Uncategorized