View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Me feeling sorry for myself!!

Never written a blog before. So here goes...

I'm feeling really down at the moment Should be at a garden party today being hosted by the Duchess of Alnwick and the Queen and Prince Philip are going too It's in honour of all the carers and volunteers from the surrounding areas.

I unfortunately can't be away from home that long and couldn't have been organised to leave early as it takes all morning to get MIL and FIL up and sorted. Plus there are thousands of people ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fathers day

So Its fathers day
    Matt has recovered from his biospy & will be coming to visit with his new girl freind

Been to visit dad & taken cards & presents. he was not interested at all,didn't want to open his cards or gifts

he has no idea what today is & didn't understand. he was definitely not having a good day today

I cannot get used to how difficult this illness is, how much & how fast he has deteriorated. I just hope deep down ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Taking time out

I have not been posting for a while, partly I left off because things got so bad with mum that there was nothing left to say. Then, just as things got a little better, my daughter's housemate at university lost her mother very quickly to cancer, quite young, and my daughter;s close friend here at home lost her 6 month baby to cot death, all in the last two weeks. My view on life is different just now. I found myself sitting in a house with a family I didn't know hearing all about this wonderful ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. how can i broach the problem of getting a diagnosis?

my mother in law is increasingly and frighteningly quickly showing forgetful tendencies. She is forgetting basic things and her children seem to be hiding their heads in the sand. when one tried to mention it to her she reacted badly and wanted to know who else was saying such things about her. She hasnt seen a doctor about it, and is getting worse by the day. she lives alone although all of her children and grandchildren live close, so she does get lots of visitors. I am worried about her physical ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hi im running the jane tomlinson 10k tomorrow for Alzheimer's society :) need a shirt

Hi i have raised about 100 so far and the race is tomorrow morning and my running shirt has not arrived , therefore i'm lacking a crucial piece of kit If you live in Leeds and have a Large or a medium could you reply as soon as possible i could really do with the shirt. I am more than happy to come and collect it as long as it is within a reasonable distance from leeds regards Nathan
    Categories
    Uncategorized