View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Big excitement!

I have been to London to take some photos for the the forthcoming Alzheimers campaign called "Remember the person"
    We had our pictures taken (in my case in my walking gear!)
    It was very well organised, and Tony came as well so I didn't get lost in London!
    Watch this space...

Carrie
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First blog post!

Firstly let me introduce myself, I'm Heather and 17 years old and around half a year ago my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. I do not live with him as my mum and dad are divorced and only recently started seeing him again after 2 years of not about 2-3 weeks ago.
    Even though he is old for a dad at almost 60 after research I realised he is quite young to have the disease. In my school i know no one else is going through what i am. This brings me to the reason why i joined the website, i ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Happy Ending

Last June, my father developed severe jaundice and spent six weeks in hospital, although the medics still don't know how he contracted it, or even worse, how or why he recovered!.

He is such an undemanding man, he simply waits for things to be offered to him, so the staff virtually ignored him - all those stories you hear about severe dehydration of the elderly and not being given basic care are quite true. They dumped food and drink on the table in front of him and when he didn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Fraud by Family Member!

Quote Originally Posted by redtulips55 View Post
    Hello, I am at my wits end and nobody seems to care or be bothered by this situation. My brother has enviegled my Mother's bank details/pin numbers/insurance documents, basically every piece of paper that exists, we cannot take her into a branch, as we can't prove who she is - meanwhile we believe the accounts are being fleeced by him! My Mum is part funded by the local council, who are now owed thousands of pounds in fees - they don't seem to be particulary bothered, nor do the Police, I keep
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Happy Birthday and thank you Skype!

Yesterday was my Uncle's 81st birthday. The NH arranged a Skype call to us in the morning and it worked brilliantly. Uncle was looking good although the sun was shining directly onto the web cam and so the image of him was a little dark. He recognised my mum's voice and was able to register that the image on the screen was her talking to him. She asked him if she looked like their mum as her hair is now white like her's and he said "yes you do". He seemed to appreciate our gifts and he ...
    Tags: skype
    Categories
    Uncategorized