View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Pub Run

Just came back from Mum and Dad's. Dad was in a very happy mood. Poor Mum is tired and grumpy! after a cuppa, I got set on doing a little clear out to keep Dad busy before our little trip out to the pub for lunch. A big treat for them both as they have been housebound since coming back from Perth. Next week the OT is taking Dad for a little walk up to the shops to see what he can manage and if he does well we can have an hour out. Happy Days
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. There are worse things than gravy

To begin at the beginning would take too long, so I shall start, not in the middle -(since I reckon we are near the end) - and work backwards and forwards as the mood takes me.

I'm sorry for every mean or waspish thing that I might write. Sorry for anything that sounds 'hard done by'. Sorry for whining or anger or even plain irritation. Those of you who frequent this board have more than your fill of all those things. I am not at all a violent person. I suspect that I am far too lazy ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Update on Mam 22nd Feb 2011

by on 22-02-2011 at 12:06 PM (Mam not that good.)
    I finally got to wash mam's hair on Saturday. Dad and I took her to the kitchen and had to put a head over a bowl, this is far easier than trying to get her upstairs into the shower, which she refuses to go in. We are now trying to make the shower bigger by knocking walls and things down, hope she will go in it then?

Also had a letter about an appointment with a consultant on 18th March. Been waiting for this for a long time, hopefully we can get her on Aricpet or something. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sunday Visit

Phil and I went visiting my Mum and Dad Sunday and what a difference in himself. Dad was brighter. My Brother was there making the changes needed to make the home more safe for them both and the OT accessor is going on Tuesday to further help.
    Dad think he's is better enough and is still talking of hols and trips and even going into town today! I think not. I said to Dad he must not go anywhere on his own, he must keep getting stronger and rest up and i will be down on Wednesday and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. help with alzheimers

Hi my name is Angela and my Dad is in the last stages of alzheimers i am finding this really hard and dont know how much more i can take this afternoon he choked on the drink that i was giving him which is thickned for him to swallow he stopped breathing but after being banged on his back he recovered am i a bad person for wishing he hadnt
    Categories
    Uncategorized