View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. lrole of diet and drugs in onset of and effect on alzheimers

have recently started atrial fibrilation at age of 56. was given warafin, but stopped when had a bad cough and brought up blood. am hesitant to go back on it as many healthy likes in my diet are contraindicated and my father,s legs ulcerated after long term use.
    Though i understand that mini/minute TIAs (strokes) may have a causual role in A.D. and warafin helps prevent these, but what of the long term effects of the drug i9tself, its interaction with other drugs, and the dietary limitations, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. lrole of diet and drugs in onset of and effect on alzheimers

have recently started atrial fibrilation at age of 56. was given warafin, but stopped when had a bad cough and brought up blood. am hesitant to go back on it as many healthy likes in my diet are contraindicated and my father,s legs ulcerated after long term use.
    Though i understand that mini/minute TIAs (strokes) may have a causual role in A.D. and warafin helps prevent these, but what of the long term effects of the drug i9tself, its interaction with other drugs, and the dietary limitations, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Doctors fees for signing POA forms

My Mum has just been informed that the consultant who signed her POA form is charging her 130 . Is it usual for a Dr to claim such a high fee?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Can they really put my nan in a home over 30 miles away from her 90yr old husband?

Please bear with me, this is my first post and the first time i have ever done anything like this. I'm not even sure as i start this whether its going to work.

My 90 yr old nan has been suffering from Alzhiemers for the last 7 years and in that time has been cared for by my 90yr old grandad who has done a stirling job. Until 5 weeks ago, they had a once a day care plan in place and then it was left to my grandad to do everything else. I think he thought he was coping and we did to. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Missing his cwches

I have just spoken to the local alzheimers office and they have given me loads of information to go on. I am going to ring social services to get an assessment for my mother and father and hope we will get some help from then. My mother is 73 and it is getting very hard for her to cope, I am doing all i can to help her but it is getting very hard and upsetting. I know my father is still there but I wish I could turn back time because all I want is my father to give me a big hug and tell me he ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized