View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. mum

my mum has vascular dementia, about 18 months now, we as a family have watched mum go through alot of stages and got through them, but this one is proving very difficult and emotionly stressful. She's screaming all the time, we thought she was in terrible pain and took her to hospital for 24hrs, but nothing wrong, had doctor out to her loads of times, nothing wrong with her. We are now putting her back of her medication just to give her body a rest, we dont want to, as she was brighter without it, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Newbe

Not sure how to use forum?
    Read question on Care Home & when?
    Have problems with washing my husbands hair & showering-has been resisting on & off last 6wks!
    Very anxious, unsettled & jolts at night, wakes up & imagines others in the room, then jumps out to threaten them & mistakenly me, at times. Anyone else have this problem?
    Feel for all those worse off & think forum amazing help!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Teen Support

Hey everyone,

I've never posted on here before; but I'm feeling really down lately but I need some support. My dad is a sufferer of alzheimer's; he was diagnosed a few years ago and it is starting to get really hard.
    I wanted to know if there are any teens on here that could chat with me and tell me how they are coping with juggling a-levels, this disease and what not.

Thanks
    Tags: support, teenager
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. me and my mum

Hi new here ,
    please excuse the spelling mistakes ,there will be many !.
    My mum is 79 years young and has been suffering some type of dementia ( still to be determined what type ) since last july.
    Mum broke her arm really badly 18 months ago and waited 9 months for the good old NHS to operate , she had a partial shoulder replacement and her arm pinned .Since the operation i noticed changes in her ,mainly because we sold everything we owned, took on another 80,000 mortgage ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. God Must Hate Me Update..................

Following a very lengthy (1 hour) consultation with my mothers doctor during which she went over everything very thoroughly and examined Mum, it transpires the soiling is due to faecal impaction (severe constipation with excess flooding around the blockage). Very unpleasant and it all makes sense now. We have medication which I hope will do the trick but it takes a few days so heres hoping. The doctor also said that even if mum was not really aware she probably was not feeling terribly well (all ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized