View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Advice on my parents house

Could anyone help me with some advice, as I do not know what to do.
    My father has been admitted to an emi ward and it looks like he will be there for some time and we dont think he will be able to go home to my mother as she wont be able cope. If he goes into a home, will my mother have to pay for the care home fees as they own their own home or will be council pay for it. Also would be any problems if she sold the property to my and my brother.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Monday 7th May.

I didn't go in to the hospital today. Jeremy is really worried about how it is affecting me and Kelly. I rang this morning, as usual, and the sister said that mum had very begrudgingly let the nurses wash her and she had sat on the commode with small results. She still won't take her meds. The sister said they will be speaking the Dr tomorrow to see what they do about that as first option would be to crush them into her food, but she is still refusing to eat and drink.

I've been ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My blog.

I want to start this blog as a way of remembering what myself and my brother are going through at the moment with mum. Hopefully, when this nightmare is over, I can use this to help others going through the same thing.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Confused about Dementia HELP !!

Quote Originally Posted by anna1234 View Post
    My aunt has been showing signs of strange behaviour for some months and lately it has included walking out the house naked etc and not looking after herself. We are confused because although you can have a conversation with her she can remember everything (history, childhood memories, names etc) and has no memeory loss. Because she lives in a remote village and cannot be kept an eye on my parents have taken her in. They too are elderley and have been stressed by her behaviour to the point where
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. am i right to feel so frustrated?

Quote Originally Posted by nidgey103 View Post
    hi i am new to this and this is my first post. my mum got officially diagnosed with early alzheimers a few months ago: she has had memory problems for quite a while, but this has got rapidly worse as of late. she is on medication, but this appears to have no effect. my wife and i have looked after her finances for a while, as when she did have her own bank card, she was withdrawing about 400 a day and stashing it in her flat, thankfully most of this was recovered. our main concern is with personal
    Categories
    Uncategorized