View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. washing @tablet taking

[QUOTE=my wife
    ;Hi everyone,this is my 1st ever blog. My lovely wife has just come home after 7 weeks in an assessment ward where she did wonderfully well. Now she is home she is refusing to wash,or let anyone near her to help her wash. When it comes to taking tablets she again gets very agitated and either puts 2or 3 in her mouth at once but wont swallow them, she can do this as at night she only has 2 and does swallow them. Can any one help as I am worried for her. She has been diagnosed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Dad

At any time in a person's life, they can be associated with death. Death is a scary figure who is elusive, terrifying and hidden. Even if you see death coming, it still feels like you can see right through him.

My father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's after my second child was born in 2004. He had a series of small strokes, which took his speach by the end of 2006. My mother couldn't take care of him anymore, and had to put him in a nursing home, Thanksgiving 2007.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. missing dad

so we have just had the most glorious bank holiday weather
    it would have been so great to get dad outside but no chance, on a downward slide again

he told me the vicar & his wife had been on Monday they picnicked on bread & wine & wore funny hats

thought it was just another hallucination but no the vicar had been & they had communion plus easter bonnet parade

heaven only knows what was going on today as he wore two tops & ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. wierd!!

today has started out in the wierdest way,jan was up before me at 5.30,and after months of verbal abuse i got up to the smell of baking and there was a cup of coffee waiting for me ,she was very lucid and calm ,call me cynical but this surely cant last the whole day.watch this space???
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Recall

We sent tulips for Easter - an arrangement of mixed colours. Uncle was sitting in the sun lounge yesterday morning when Mum phoned him. Yes, he recalled that he had received some tulips and described them to her. Amazing, was it the sun shining down? Did the tulips imprint themselves? This was perfect recall so there are parts of the short term memory that have not been 'lost'. I hope he enjoyed some minutes or hours maybe and was aware that it was Eastertide. His faith used to be so very strong. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized