View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. LA bulk purchaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dol View Post
    If the LA's are able to get lower fees by being a bulk purchaser of beds, perhaps we need a Co-op society on behalf of all the people who are self funders (also bulk purchasers if you put us together) a kind of low buraeacracy (like the old HSA) sorting office - taking up beds in a variety of homes in each area to cater for a range of needs and then being the point of contact for people looking for homes?

I am sure there is a flaw in the idea somewhere - but if the LA's can do it
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Daily doings thoughts etc

At the beginning of last month I contacted the tax people as I was sure I was paying to much tax on my one and only income firms pension as requested I sent in a covering letter explaining I had been on a career break and had now taken early retirement and only had firms pension as income, and p60

I managed to get through to them this morning to find out the state of play
    Only to be told that they had sent a letter out on 28 05 requesting two previous p60's for yrs 09 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. changing care homes-is it the right thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by gadfly View Post
    my 90 year old mother has been in a large mixed needs care home (about 200 people across 4 units) for 7 months not very happily but it has not been too difficult. This week she is saying how much she hates it and feels uncared for and lonely and whenever I am not there she seems to be having a major distress reaction which staff find it difficult to manage.She has no evidence of any infection. She is on a unit of 40 residents - all with dementia and there are generally about 5 members of care staff
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. To resusitate or not

I've been asked if I want my husbvand resustated, if/when he collapses again? Has anyone else had to make this decision for care home? His mobility very poor, mentally very depressed, and hardly able to communicate, incontinent of urine, quality of life poor. wiggie
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. EMI Residential care

Hi everyone,

My brother and i are hoping to get appointments today at 2 EMI residential care homes to see the managers to talk about mams care, are there any questions we should be asking, we have visited a few homes and are being pushed to make our decisions, help!!
    Categories
    Uncategorized