View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Mum's at her wits end.

Quote Originally Posted by cragmaid View Post
    On a practical note perhaps Mum could have a word with her GP/Pharmacy about having her prescriptions made up into Dosette boxes, it would save her one bit of distraction anyway.
    Thanks thats a good idea I will look into it.

Best wishes
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Annoying Carer Mum

After being told 3 or 4 Weeks late Dad is on Aricept , annoyed Mum, because had spoken to the Consultant twice . Only asking him a reasonable question " Asking him why Dad was not on Meds "( Nov 2010 ) He would not have benifited from them then

Mum finds it hard to acept how the illness is making a change in Dad
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. advise please

My mother is in her 70s and has dementia. Last year she went on an extended holiday to Jamaica and during this time her health has deteriorated considerably. Having previously lived with my sister, two extremely disabled children and partner in their two bedroom flat, we now need to found alternative care when she returns to England in August/September. As a family we are now in a state of confusion as to what to best. I have ME, my two brothers have young families and are unable to help. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Todays the Day!

Quote Originally Posted by creativesarah View Post
    well everything is packed and ready to be transported

Why have i been wandering around the kitchen saying "Why is this spoon in my hand!"

Over tired probably, as long as I dont stand there with a photo in my hand

Little friend margaret from the boat is taking me and helping me and I am buying her lunch!

Will post some pics when I get back and I will make the sponsor cards too then and I will put them up on
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Driving update

I followed much advice from other users and contacted the DVLA about my dad's driving with early dementia after he ended up in London when he was going less than ten miles from home in Luton. He has received their decision which is that he cannot drive any more and must return his licence. He didn't speak to my mum for two days and blamed her completely for the letter from the DVLA even to the point that he told me he was going to divorce her "because she is not the woman he thought she was". ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized