View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Am I mad?

My dad is 84 and mum is 82 they both have Alzheimer's - Mum has got very childlike and dads memory is really bad. The question is: I am thinking of taking them to Mallorca for a holiday, I will be taking them on my own but my two kids (kids!!! they are 30 and 26) live there. They love their Nan and Grandad and I know would support me while out there but am I mad to think of taking them away from their comfortable surroundings, they are still just managing at home, although I do drive 4 hours ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New to this but I know there are many of you out there who can help me PLEASE:)

Hi, I'm knew here but just so glad I've found this place (it's now going to be MY special place). To cut a long story short my mum is 86, lives on her own, and has all the early,classic,signs. My sister's continue to undermine her wishes so battle against me. However the thing that really concerns me is that she keeps turning up at my house black and blue. The worst last week with blood all over her,I took photos of the wounds this time, and again she says she was attacked in her own home by a man. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dad has had to go into a home today

I know it is the right thing to do but as I am writing this I feel such a failure, I have left it to everyone else, my uncle to take him there my sister to console my mother while I have just been a mess. I feel I have left my father down by not being with him he has always been there for me and I couldn't be there. I have spent time looking for the care home making sure it was ok, but still never thought it would happen. He had to go because of having to safeguard the neighbours children he was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Update from social care.

Just spoke to the social worker at the hospital. He said that as mum was moved to another ward last week, the new ward updated the health care assessment and it has tipped mum over into needing another assessment for continuous care. He said this means that Someone will have to come in from outside ( PCT) and do another assessment. If she meets this criteria, it means that all her care and nursing care costs will be met by the nhs. This means that she will get more money which means a better ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yesterdays visit.

The visit yesterday was not pleasant. I don't know why I hoped it would be. It never is. Just more blame, I'm a liar, I don't make her happy, I don't care. I spent virtually the whole visit in tears. It gets me down so much. I did have the courage to tell mum I wouldn't be in today. I lied and said I had to work. Is that wrong? I don't know.

Today, I went to the doctors again. She has upped my anti depressants by 10 mg from 20 to 30. I am signed off work till next Friday ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized