View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Help Needed

Please i am looking for help my mother had a fall and spent a night on the floor at her home before i found her she ended up in hospital with chest infection before this her memoroy was getting bad she would pohone me at work every 10 mins or so repeating the same question and not knowing she had already spoken to me so much so her phone bill came in at over 100.00 on leaving hospital we My sister and myself had got her a residental place so she could have 24/7 care and not be alone anymore as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mum put into care without informing all her immediate family

Hello,

This is my first posting and is to an extent out of desparation and I am sorry if it goes on a bit!

My mother has been struggling with Alzheimers for many years and has been well supported by our father, in the home. Of late, he has been struggling to cope and this has to an extent temporary affected his health.

He has with the support of our sister and social services/the doctor etc arranged day care for a few weeks. But has found it difficult ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. No answers needed, just a mini rant

I had decided that I was going to use the blogs to record good stuff, if things get bad with mum later, but I want to have a bit of a rant. I've just had a break from work over the school holidays and was feeling pretty good. Went back to work today, phoned mum at lunchtime and she sounded cheerful, tv on, had her lunch. She was ok when I got home, but has just come out in the hall looking for her 'family'. I'm here I said, you live with me, we are your family. I know she said, I'm looking for my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. homecoming

Hi, haven't been around for a while. Hubby diagnosed with bowel cancer last year and operation went well. Trouble started with chemo treatment - as precautionary measure - but it affected him badly in the end. Collapsed in April and been in hospital since. Hasn't walked since then. He'll be home soon and needs 24/7 care and with his VasDem, which hasn't shown itself as badly as some people, my work will now begin. But I'm optimistic 'cos he's such a treasure and everyone has liked him wherever ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. changes - I'm not a carer any more

Things have been changing for me and now I don't think I am classed as a carer any more, I may even have to reclassify myself as an invisible. It finally got the better of me, and I have backed off. I have visited only twice this summer, I have no regrets. My final attempt at helping dad with computers etc was to find out about the age uk silver surfers course and he declined, he could not accept that I would be able to look after mum while he was out, so I have left it at that.
    He is ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized