View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. wernicke korsaloff

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmcgrath View Post
    I am 57yr old male and having dementia symptoms (a lot) I use to drink a lot of beer and started having memorie issues about 8 yrs ago and they are progressive alond with cognitive problems. I can't find anyone who has a similar story but i am hoping to hear from others because i don't drink anymore but would like to know how bad it is going to get.. tks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. where are you?

where are you?
    i have no sense of you since you've been gone
    not true. i felt your presence in the car on the nightmare journey home after you died, keeping me safe. i felt warm and protected but i can't feel you now. i can't feel you anywhere.
    i need to let you go , to be free of me and the awful life you had but i so want to feel you near me and i can't
    maybe i don't allow my mind to be open enough, when i try all i see is images of you when you wre suffering the ravages ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Doctor says there is nothing wrong but we know that there is

Quote Originally Posted by missmicra View Post

Hi, my partner's father has had a memory test at the doctors and the doctor says there is nothing wrong.We disagree. Sadly he is now leaving the car engine running all night, forgeting where he parked or how to open the petrol cap and forgetting what he did the previous day or even just hours ago. We are really worried that he may become dangerous to drive. Do we try and get him in to see a different doctor or do we book an appointment to discuss our fears with his doctor and if so, should
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. memory change

My mother was diagnosed with alhzheimers about three years ago after amajor operation. Her memory deteriorated rapidlly and recently conversation became difficult with her being unable to remember events after a few minutes.She was unable to care for herself and went into a nursing home abou 18 months ago. Suddenly 4 days ago her memory recovered dramatically to the point of being nornal again. This was after a course of antibiotics for achest infection.
    Has anybody also found this and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. advice

Quote Originally Posted by chingford View Post
    my wife has alz up till now i have been able to cope.but now in the evening she wants to go to her home.which is not there. this continues till about 9 30 pm when she seems to come back normal. she gets very irritated and calls the police. i am finding this very hard to cope with. she will not accept i am her husband. we have been married 50 years.i have gone with her many times to find this house. when we walk past our house she takes me inside. and some times reality kicks in. and that makes
    Categories
    Uncategorized