View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. please help me

hi everyone im really despirate for help my grandad was diagnosed 3 years ago with dementia (cant spell sorry ) and two weeks ago got taken into hospital with urinary problems. he was put into a respite home as my nan cannot cope with him as he has a catheter and he keeps pulling it out anyway he was due to have an operation on the 24th may but he cannot have this now as they have found out he has af (a heart condition ). so they are now saying that he has to be moved to a care/nursing home however ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. sorry if i am in the wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by jdc View Post
    hi, i have had a rotten week, last weekend my mother was admitted to hospital as she was dehydrated, she came home on the saturday and insisted on going away on their pre booked holiday on the monday. i drove down to get them and noticed a drastic change in my father, ( hadnt been for two week due to having had op myself) he was really struggling to get out of the chair and could barely walk. but mum insisted on going away, dad was quiet ( not that unusual ) and other than asking a couple of times
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. what to do with a loved ones belongings when they have to go into a nursing home?

My nana has vascular dementia and alzheimers and is moving into a nursing home very soon,sadly she has to sell her home to fund her care and we just dont know how to go about dealing with the removal of items from her beloved home, it is quite an upsetting time and i would welcome advise from any members who have been in a similar situation many thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Worried

My husband and I have been married 49 years this year.

For quite some time now we don't seem to be getting on.

My daughters are concerned that his behaviour is unusual.
    I see my doctor regularly as I have MS and seem to have been suffering with depression for quite some time.
    I talk to my doctor about things that happen at home such as the violent aggression that my husband shows towards me and family, a few days ago picking a table up and throwing at ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Weekend.

Started well but then got a call from my brother who was sobbing down the phone. It had just hit him that he will need to move out of the house sooner rather than later as Mum could be in a home by the end of next week. So, went and picked him up and brought him over to my house to help me with the gardening. It seemed to do the trick. Then went to see Mum and stayed 2 hours!! She was in a relatively good place. Not happy! but in a good place none the less. She was nice to me and didn't cry ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized