View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Alzheimers and Parkinsons. What next :(

My mum has Alzheimers and is now being tested for Parkinsons as well. Is this common??? Mum has been diagnosed for about 18 months, she is in a home, doesn't recognise us, cant talk or anything. The illness has happened so quick, every one is shocked including consultants. Mum has lost so much weight over the last few weeks, and cant feed herself any more. She is also very agitated, and shakes a lot. I would be grateful if anyone else knows if these 2 horrible illnesses often go together. What next ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Getting a diagnosis post mortem

My mum sadly died this weekend having battled with dementia for over 10 years. She was 62 when she died. We were never given a formal diagnosis. A familiar story I'm sure, but eventually a geriatric psychiatrist suggested suspected Alzheimer's after 3 neurologists diagnosed anxiety.
    I am feeling like this is an unusual query, but I always assumed she would have a post mortem for final diagnostic purposes. Her GP however tells me this is not possible and is an unusual request. I just want ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What people want on a holiday

my blog was not about advertising, I want veiws from the people who know. after the experience with my mother and meeting many other people going through the same experience this is how you learn. there is hardly anything available that takes in the needs of Alzheimer and their carers who wish to go on holidays. this is why I want the response.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I'm at my wits end !!

Hello my name is Maria about a year ago my mum came to live with me due to a rapid deterioration in her health as well as having heart failure loosing weight and now is in a wheelchair because she is so frail and unable to walk so also has diabetes her memory is poor and constantly shouts out for help . We live in Southport and she has been diagnosed with dementia through our local mental health centre but is on no medication for it only zopiclone which is to help her sleep at night but if I'm lucky ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Story With Fiona Phillips

hi everyone
    not been on here in a while as ive been busy with working and looking after my gran
    last time i was here it was the time when i was refused direct payment..luckly i appleaded against it and won and now caring full time for my gran and things are just fine at the moment....

anyway im here to tell you i done a interview and pictures with fiona phillips today the presenter from gmtv....basically her dad has alzheimers and she has always written about him in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized