View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 1 thing after another

as 1 thing might get somewhat better, theres worse waiting for me. its enough my mom died 5 weeks ago. now i have to probably have 2 foot operations, my husband has a variant of parkinsons , and the sister i loved all my life betrayed me so horrendously. she stole all the money in the will. i dont want the money and neither does my son. i wanted tio donate it in my moms memory to alzeimers research and to my dads memory for cancer research. im still healing from 2 hand operations. i feel like i ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. im new, and scared x

hello people, im very new to this, and very scared, i have a lovely, beautiful mum who is 79 and has Alzheimer's, who I have managed to support in her own home for the last 2 years, but has now after becoming unsafe, had to go into care, i know this is the right decision in my head, but my heart isnt happy, and not sure it ever will be, im on sick leave and dont really see how i can manage my job as a nurse and accept what i have had to do xx
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. my mom and my husband

i dont know where to turn anymore. its bad enough i lost my mom to alzeimers 1 month ago. now i find out my husband has a variant of parkinsons-we see the dr aug 13.i cant go on any more.only 1 month and now this!i ask myself what did we do wrong to deserve it all? im out of answers. i just sit and cry.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Mum keeps going to bed

Quote Originally Posted by KAnne View Post
    *tears* I'm sorry for your loss chana, it's terrible pain for you, no matter what, we lose what and who we loved, the person who loved us all our life and even though they were ill, we kind of still had them... thanks for your lovely reply. I wonder if I may ask how long your mum had FLD for?

My mum is as you describe, not actually sedated though but all else is the same, she says yes to everything, yes she'll stay on the couch, yes she's watching TV, yes she went to the bathroom,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. my mom

its so hot here today and my mom never liked the summer either.i miss her so. her birthday is coming up. she would have been 87. i terrified of that day. my husband is here for me, but the crying aqnd the helplessness is overwhelming. whenever it was my birthday she would call me up and sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me. her voice was terreible, but her kindness and her love for me made me love her voice anyway.i lost that forever. as much as i love my husband and son, a mom is so special.whenever i see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized