View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. on duty 24 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by elaine n View Post
    He really excelled himself last night! I woke up to hear a crash and he'd pulled the wardrobe over! Frightened himself to death poor devil! Fortunately it got wedged on a chair and didn't land on him - I think that's my rudest awakening to date!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Another day, another visit

I visited mum this evening. She was not in a good mood!!!
    She was shouting at a nurse when I arrived- the nurse wanted her to sit down and rest her swollen ankles but mum was not cooperating in the slightest!
    We went to her room and the nurse and I eventually managed to get her to sit down. That lasted about 30 seconds and then she was up and wallking again.
    I was repeatedly told she's not happy, she's had a bad day, she wants to go home NOW. IF i take her home she'll ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dear Mum,

I was woken this morning by Sheila shouting "Help me" "Help me please" at the top of her voice.I rushed in expecting to find her tangled in sheets or with her head or a leg wedged down the side of the bed or something new she hasn't tried before. She looked at me and growled "I knew you would try to kill me". I took that to mean 'Good morning can I have my breakfast now please?' I gave her 2 Weetabix. I know you never liked Weetabix but Sheila doesn't complain and it's ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A down day or two

Since last week's meeting and then an upsetting visit to mum on Saturday I've been feeling quite down and weepy.
    I think although I knew , and had prepared myself, for much of what the consultant would say it somehow made it all seem so real hearing him say it. Talk about DNAR etc I wasn't really ready for.
    Mum was so distressed when I saw her and it just breaks my heart thinking of her being like that when noone is there to give her a cuddle and comfort her. Thankfully when dad saw ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 19th July 2011

Oh Boy what a Morning, I set out early to Mum and Dads to avoid the traffic and Half hour into the journey the road was closed So i had to come all the way back home to go the other way!!!!!!!! nightmare. It didn't make us late for Dad's appointment, This one was a lung test, tomorrow is another heart scan. The End of this month hopefully we get to hear the results fingers crossed nothing sinnister of the prostrate/kidney. All the other test are in readyness for op for aurysm.
    Dad was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized