View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Loneliness and isolation for friend aged 93 today

It was my mum's friend's 93rd birthday today. John has been spared dementia but has not been spared isolation and loneliness. He lives in a first floor flat above redundant premises of the old Midland Bank where he was manager for many years. His wife died a long time ago. He's alone and totally isolated as he isn't mobile and his only exit is a steep external iron staircase. He has Meals on Wheels delivered but no regular carers looking after him - he is deemed OK to care for himself. He loves ...
    Tags: isolation
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 6th June 11

Just had to get out the house today, so i couldn't think of a better day to spend it but with my Mum and Dad.
    Mum needed a Daughter hug and defo needed hugs off them.
    Dad needed to go to the Doctors today anyways, He has been suffering some tummy upsets for about two weeks plus. He can't stand his belt around his tummy. Dad has also been getting tired and now needs naps in the afternoon, He also doesn't have a very good appetite. Dad had asked me what he was going to the Doctors ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. dads demise

hi all after a long and hard fight , Dad succumbed to this horrible disease at 3pm sunday ...ill be online now and then if anyone going thru same thing
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Compulsive shopper

Quote Originally Posted by lnt View Post
    My father dies a few years ago with Alzheimers and my mother has dementia and has been on aricept for 8 years . I try and keep mum as independant as normal and although I monitor her accounts etc she has her bank card and cheque book. She keeps goign to the local shop buying food that she does not need. Although she has two cats there is now enough to feed the whole village and cornflakes you can sink a battle ship with . I have tried reasoning with her and even taken the door off the pantry so
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Inca trail trek 2012

Quote Originally Posted by big baz View Post
    Hi all

My name is barry and i have commited to the Inca Trail Trek challenge in May of 2012. I am intrested to know of any others who are going on this trek from the cheshire area ! as we could help each other on the training and fundraising side of things.
    If anyone would like to sponsor this effort please visit my justgiving web page at www.justgiving.com barry grannell "barry's page" there you can see my reasons for doing this challenge and see pics of my mum.
    Categories
    Uncategorized