View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Swallowing reflex

Hello All,

I am new to this site so bear with me.

AT the weekend I visited my Mum who is 83 and has vascukar dementia. She is still living at home and my DAd is her main carer. We walked a short distance on the seafront at Lowestoft where they live and then we had an ice cream. This was a big mistake as my Mum could not lick this or suck it off the top of the cone, so it went everwhere. It was very embarrassing esp for her. I think she is in the latter stages now as ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Decision re long term care

Hello, I am new to this forum. My husband and I have been mum in law full time carer since Feb, moving in with her.

We have now made the decision that we can no longer care for mum and when she goes into respite for our holiday it will be long term. Stress of caring and problems with other family members have brought our decision forward.

How is the best way to inform mum. She is having a Capacity and best interest assessment this week.

Do we just tell ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Just some notes

Nothing major to report, just keeping a record here to help me keep track of the good and bad.

Yesterday was a very good day over all. My husband went to watch his daughter in an open water swimming event. Other than a little confusion over the time (he seemed to be getting himself ready to go out the door by 12noon instead of 1.30pm as agreed) - but he was fully aware of where he was off to and what it was all about.

I understand there was some minor confusion on the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Does anyone else have husband/father who takes things apart and cannot put the back t

My husband "REPAIRS" electrics,plumbing vacuum cleaners and all household things causing us all strife. What can be done? Please help
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Night to Forget..............

My wife went to bed as usual, which left me with an hour or so to catch up on a programme I had recorded, but you've guessed it, I fell asleep and only woke up just after half one in the morning. I did my bit of tidying up the lounge and went into the kitchen to have my nightly meds, I'm normally very quiet, but I must have disturbed my wife, I said I had fallen asleep in the chair, to which she went into the lounge and came out very distressed saying 'Mom's not there, where is she'. My MIL died ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized