View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Only read if you can face a rant

Quote Originally Posted by mcgradie View Post
    My toyboy is 8 years younger than me and that suits me very well
    I beat you on that one:
    , mine is 8 years 6 months anjd 1 day younger than me. Every Woman should have a Toy Boy

Jan
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    Just an update on the latest situation.Uncle and Auntie have had a lengthy chat with the main man in the mental health department in there own home which lasted for just over one and a half hours. Uncle got rather cross towards the end and stood up and waved his arms in the air saying now i want to ask you some questions as you so far have done all the asking, Uncle said that he asked 8 questions and they only got one right, whether he did or not remains to be seen.

Also whilst the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Parents

Quote Originally Posted by boonken View Post
    Dad didnt smoke since 1963, mum packed it in the day she was admitted (Sep 2009) and not smoked since. So proud of her becaue im 36 and can't give up
    I joined a NHS quit group as did my OH, best thing ever tried to quit on our own couldn't do it,,, Got all the support we needed, and cheaper to quit that way.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but saw BIL die of Lung Cancer and Dad of COPD I do not want to walk that path. I may follow Mum's path but I cannot control ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. talk to parents about alzheimer's

My father is showing signs of alzheimer's. My mom and I are going to talk to him about it on Thursday. How do I start that conversation? What do I say to him? I have no idea how to make this conversation work, while always respecting my father. Any words of wisdom would be helpful.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. First blog post - an introduction

Dad has just been diagnosed with dementia at the age of 60.

Little Sister and I are attempting to care for him, but he is declining so quickly that it's hard to keep up. Mum and Dad are long divorced, leaving just the two of us to look after him. Dad lives alone, and needs a lot of support that we find hard to provide whilst working full time (and in Little Sister's case, pregnant ). To add insult to injury, Grandma (on Dad's side) was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at an early age, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized