View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Alzhiemer Seizure

Is thier such thing as Alzhiemer Seizure? Do they have these or are they ATI's?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Today I'm her 'Best Girl', who will I be next time?

I visited my lovely mum this afternoon, my eldest daughter came with me.
    Mum was in the lounge when we arrived. Her face lit up when the nurse said she had visitors. I was welcomed with a smile and a kiss although I'm quite sure she didn't know who I was, she knew I was someone she was happy to see and that's good enough for me.
    We went to mum's room and sat and had a blether. She had lots of smiles and seemed calm and relaxed. I asked if she knew who I was and she thought for a moment ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Cottage Sold!

The estate agent's office informed me that the sale price at auction for my Uncle's cottage was better than expected and his losses are not as extreme as I had feared. But I don't envy the person or family that has bought it as it was clearly instrumental in driving my Uncle mad, that I am 100% sure. I hope my Uncle's Deputy (solicitor) doesn't insist on telling him his 'good' fortune - they work in such mysterious ways. I believe he really does still think that he will end his days in his own ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. house full of people!

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with my husband's imaginary house guests? Sometimes there can be up to eleven of them! If I say I can't see them it creates an almighty argument and he says my eyes must need testing! Would it be preferable for me to pretend they are really there? I really don't know how to handle this situation. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Visit from the new social worker and the issue of Self Directed Support

Well I had a visit from a lovely gentleman the other day who has taken on my mum's case. Although it can be very frustrating having to go over the same thing again and again, he was very knowledgeable and caring and didn't rush off like many do.

He listened to my concerns particularly those about the carers, and suggested that Self Directed Support may be the answer to our problems.

Self Directed Support is a new initiative which gives people with various mental health ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized