View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Resolving controversies on the path to Alzheimer’s therapeutics

[QUOTE=TedHutchinson;518890][url=http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v17/n9/pdf/nm.2460.pdf]Resolving controversies on the path to Alzheimer’s therapeutics[/url]
    The full text of this article is available at the link. It may be interesting to those who want to understand how the research has progressed and where it may be going.

I found the time line of Alzheimer's research interesting as well as chart showing the Hypothetical time course of AD with the stages at which interventions ...

Updated 10-11-2011 at 06:12 PM by TedHutchinson

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Me (Carer) and patients daily life

Deleted sorry.................

Updated 10-11-2011 at 08:13 PM by Nitec

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Ferret TV Programme 7.11.11 at 8pm

The Ferret ITV Wales at 8pm on 7th November
    Anybody in Wales or anybody who has access to ITV Wales. Please watch tonight's VERY EMOTIVE programme where my Dad age 81 years takes on Cardiff City Council in an UPHILL BATTLE to take his 82 year old partner with mild/moderate dementia on holiday
    Gaynor
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hello from new member Maggy79

I just wanted to introduce myself my name is Margaret. My husband who was 62 in July was diagnosed with dementia, 2 years ago for 2 years prior to that, he was unwell, but the doctors thought he was suffering with depression.

After many tests, I have been informed that he has atrophy of the frontal lobe, he has not got Alzheimer's or Frontotemperal dementia, and that's all they can inform me at present.

Looking forward to being a member as I moved to Australia 30 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Drugs

My husband is in the later stages of Alzheimers, he has just been taken off of Aricept 10mg. tablets and put on Memantine. Could you tell me whether I can expect an improvement in his condition.
    Categories
    Uncategorized