View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. FTLD New to this.

Hi
    My wife recently as been diagnosed with FTLD and wonder if there is anybody out there going through the same thing.I know this disease is rare but if i don't ask, i will never know.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. aggressive dementia

Hi new to this but need some help !! can anyone suggest help ideas for my mum who is my dads main carer he is become violent now and social services have refused any help thedoctors want to put him in a mental institute - i feel this is her very last resort and we do not want to do this any input would be gladly received thank u kerry
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. link between mini-stroke & dementia

Has anyone caring for a sufferer noticed that dementia occured after a mini-stroke was diagnosed?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lighting the fire!

We got married in May 2010 and bought a bungalow together, which we both love! It has a coal fire (great for this weather!) and we have experimented with different fuels and ways to light it.

Paul was showing symptoms even before we got married, but he's so lovely, I went ahead with it! Now he's been diagnosed and has started Aricept and aspirin, and I think its helping! Most days are quite good (except he never knows what day it is!) One day he forgot to put the ashcan back ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Your Opinion Please

Mum is 88yrs old and lives on her own in a large bungalow surrounded by gardens.
    She has had some memory loss for quite a while but it did not become a problem until about 18 months ago.
    She now forgets how to turn off the oven and the gas hob, she has on two occasions turned on the gas and not lit it and the house has been full of the fumes. She has destroyed 5 kettles by putting them on the gas jet and melting them. 4 toasters, 1 because she filled it with water thinking it was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized