View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. My nan

Hi. I am beccy, my nan who us 77 has just had an alzeimers diagnosis, the consultant has said she is early stages, just having troubles remembering things, repeating things and talking about things but not always making sense. I just wanted to talk to people who have real experience of the illness progression.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Children

Quote Originally Posted by annamann53 View Post
    Hi
    My husband has Dementia.
    He is very close to my grandchildren that are living with us.
    How do I tell our granchildren my husband has Dementia.
    Thanks
    Anna
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. blog example

This is my blog. I will be using this space to write about my experiences living with dementia.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. help

think weve had our heads in the sand with this disease thought we could manage but when we woke up and mum had fallen out of bed over xmas maybe the penny should have dropped because now she can,t get up the stairs to her own bed in fact she can,t get out of the seat in her own room to get to toilet our doctors have managed to get us a comode for her to use and she has to be assessed on thursday but sometimes i think the medical proffesion is blind to the fact she can,t walk due to her being obeese ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 23rd Jan 2012

Dad goes in Hospital to have another prostrate biopsy in Feb because of increased psa. this is hopefully to rule out cancer.
    Good news though, Dad only has to go back for assesment at the AZ clinic in 6 months, the lovely Doc says he is pleased with him. Thanks to the new Drug Memantine. He has suggested that Mum needs some form of break and the need to look after herself. At least they have a few days away with their coack family to look forward to soon.
    Mum's having throat Xray ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized