View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Days 15 - 22 Hospitalised

by , 29-09-2012 at 09:19 AM (My Friend Screen)
    I was admitted to hospital with breathlessness and stomach cramps. I ended up with a seriously impacted bowel. The hospital experience was very traumatic as I was in a very bad state physically, emotionally and spiritually. I spent 6 of the 7 days lying in bed, unable to speak or take in what was said. I was in pain. I had to endure all the different doctors giving their different opinions and it was very frightening to realise that they didn't know what was happening with me. One said this, ...
  2. September 28th

by , 28-09-2012 at 10:31 PM (Thought I would begin a diary)
    Visited the rents before work as usual and this morning mum seemed ok, I took my dogs today and left them with them as they have been asking why they have not been "baby sitting" for a while. The reason for this, is dad lets mum go walk about with them and I am a bit worried now in case they get lost. I knew my daughter was going to visit at lunch time and she would walk them and bring them home for me. My mum and dad love my dogs and its good that it gives mum something to focus on. The ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mum Died

by , 28-09-2012 at 07:28 PM (Mum 14.08.2012)
    My Mum, Eileen lived with dementia for 6 years, she lost her fight with life on 14th August 2012. Her funeral was on 28th August (Bank holiday delayed)

This is the first time I have been on here for a while, I feel strangely liberated and yet lost too.
    Mum was in a care home since 2007 but, I did visit several times each week. I miss her and miss looking out for her.
    On the other hand - I feel happy she is no longer in pain, worried or wandering.

Just ...
    Tags: 300 raised
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Thursday September 27 12

by , 27-09-2012 at 05:58 PM (Thought I would begin a diary)
    Day two
    As usual went to see the rents before going to work. I took them some home made lamb stew hoping they would have it for lunch cause all mum seems to be eating at the moment is cream cakes and I think that she would be better off if she had some veg and fruit but she just seems to be eating rubbish. I try to think about their diet but she still buys far to many cream cakes crisps and biscuits, don't know if there is anything that I can do about this except take them decent food and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. aricept and associated pain.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia brown View Post
    My husband has been taking aricept for 14 months and over last 5months has been complaining non stop about pain in teeth. After have three out and dentist cant find anything wrong with him. Have asked to be reviewed about aricept, and been told he is responding well. I have my doubts I think it is related to aricept, he has osteoarthritis and on reflection has increased general pain. Dont want to stop him taking something that may be helping him Any one out theere got any experience of this.
    Categories
    Uncategorized