View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    Once again i have to report that things are going down hill again with Uncle.

Both of them are back home after staying for 1 week at a respite home were they were looked after very well.

Now they are back home the authorities have set up two visits per day for Auntie which is fine but Uncle now has taken it upon him self to tell the nurses that visit to sling there hook as "WE DO NOT NEED YOUR HELP" and sends them packing back to there car waving his arms
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. TIA's

Quote Originally Posted by sharina View Post
    we are having a problem because although my mum has vascular dementia and has had a small stroke(Last August),the CHC panel said there was no recent evidence of ongoing TIA's hence classed this as low risk.I have responded by saying that mum gets mouth droop every now and then,has one sided weakness and has a cousin who died from a major stroke.She is in AF with heart failure.

The care home think that she gets them because she has very deep almost coma like sleeps.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Dad is hiding or losing money.

My father has dementia and unfortunately is now wheelchair bound which causes him much frustration. He hates giving up control as he was always very much the boss of the house, the breadwinner - he had a good job with lots of responsibility. He and my mum are both now in their 90's and need lots of support and help with day to day life. They are very lucky compared to some - he has a very good pension, they're in Very Sheltered Housing in Scotland which is excellent and they have a couple of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Distress, pain how can I help?

Quote Originally Posted by weary1 View Post
    Dad is in the final stages of Alzheimers, he lives in a nursing home where he is well cared for. He has not been able to speak coherently for several years, until 2 years ago he could read quite fluently, but not manage a spontaneous sentence. Now he either sleeps or stares, he rarely focuses I am not sure what he can see. He can no longer weight bear, is no longer continent, has to have 'thick and easy' added to fluids, is more or less unable to move or reposition himself in any way. His teeth
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. How did we get here?

So, it is always best (apparently) to start at the very beginning.... so here goes!

My brother in law (we shall call him A) has always been a really entertaining character. I've been part of the family for approaching 20 years and in all that time, he has been a really witty, amusing and quick witted bloke. He was dedicated to his family and hard working.

About 6 years ago, we all began to notice that A wasn't his usual fun self at family gatherings. He was grumpy, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized