View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Where do I start?

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieGirl View Post
    My mum has recently been diagnosed with early onset of Alzheimer's. Where do I go from here? My dad and I are waiting for an appointment with the memory medication nurse so this is all so overwhelming. Although we knew there would be a diagnosis at the end of all these tests - it still comes as a shock. I've been advised of starting a Life Story photobook and of helping mum keep a diary of her day to day activities etc. Although she knows and acknowledges there is a memory problem I don't
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. PLEASE HELP are the symptoms from a cocktail of medicines or early sign of Alzheimers

Please help!
    my grandmother is taking the following medicines each day;
    125mcg per day (for Thyroid problem),
    300mg per day (for pain relief),
    40mg per day (for pain relief),

she has been taking the above combination for about 2-3 months.
    Over the last month she has been showing Alzheimer's like symptoms
    but now over the last 7 days this has become very extreme and concerning,
    she is drifting in and out of awareness and conversations, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reply to Iscaboy

Iscaboy - your post has actually encouraged me to join TP. My Mother appears to be displaying the same symptoms as your wife and reading your message made my shoulders relax a little - I realise that I'm not on my own. I too feel incredibly disloyal at 'talking and writing' about her behind her back. My Mum is 84 and I have absolutely no idea how to broach the subject that she's losing her memory - if I did she'd probably 'hit the roof' and call me all the names under the sun. She's always been ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Travelling and Tiredness and general lack of quality of life

Hi all,
    This is my first post so here goes. My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimers and Vascular Dementia over 2 years ago. Unfortunately my parents live 250 miles away. This in itself is enough concern, dad is now 83 and mum 79. I try and visit evey 4-5 weeks or so to see whats going on and lend a helping hand. My brother lives approximately 110 miles from my parents and also visits on a regular basis.The family-my brother and myself and respective partners have seen the decline in his condition. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Moving Home

My Father was diagnosed in Jan. of this year & as my sister & I both live 250 - 400 miles away we thought it would be a good idea to move him & our mother nearer to one of us. My mum has just had a hip op & looks as though she may need the other one doing & could really do with some help.

We looked at moving them into a Mcarthy & Stone retirement flats which were being built 5 mins. from me & thought how easy it would make all our lives. Sadly we were told ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized