View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. my mom

its so hot here today and my mom never liked the summer either.i miss her so. her birthday is coming up. she would have been 87. i terrified of that day. my husband is here for me, but the crying aqnd the helplessness is overwhelming. whenever it was my birthday she would call me up and sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me. her voice was terreible, but her kindness and her love for me made me love her voice anyway.i lost that forever. as much as i love my husband and son, a mom is so special.whenever i see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How long? Five months and there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, finally there's some movement in trying to get some support for John.

It's five months since he received a diagnosis of moderate dementia. Since that diagnosis he has not received any state support. His condition has rapidly deteriorated - his short term memory has been reduced to a few seconds; he is unable to care for himself; his house is in an appalling state; he suffers from major panic attacks; he does not recognise people; he is unable to manage his financial affairs ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I give up

I have tried hard to keep my mum going despite her being in a care home for 7months by visiting regularly and taking her out for afternoons out and treats. However, nothing pleases her any more and nothing is good enough.

Wherever I take her, its boring,... she thinks the food, drinks etc are rubbish and the journey or trip out is too short or too long or just really awful.. Mum just keeps on saying she is not interested in anything, and has been checked for UTI and on and off anti ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Family

I have sent an email to our family and it hasn't down too well they seem to think that Gordon would prefer to live in the Uk instead of here and he tells me that he wants to be here, how am I going to get the truth out of him about this when he can't remember
    My daughter says that is why no one talks to me because I want to be a Marta, I don't want to be a Marta I want them to accept where we are living and hubby hasn't told me he want to go back to the UK
    So now I have to make a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. feel like i'm drowning

Hi my names Dee this is my first time on here, well where do i start my mum was diagnosed with vascular dementia about 4 years ago (mum lives with myself my husband and our 11 year old son) we were coping ok ups and downs but ok until recently things seemed to have taken a turn for the worse. Me and my husband both work full time and to be honest i'm struggling i'm exhausted most of the time mums mood swings are getting unbearable if we dare to do anything without her it causes bedlam mum goes to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized