View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Predicting Alzheimer disease and dementia

[url=http://www.neurology.org/content/77/3/227.full.html]Nontraditional risk factors combine to predict Alzheimer disease and dementia.[/url][quote] Comprehensive re-evaluation of a well-characterized cohort showed that age associated decline in health status, in addition to traditional risk factors, is a risk factor for AD and dementia.
    General health may be an important confounder to consider in dementia risk factor evaluation.
    If a diverse range of deficits is associated with ...
    Tags: prediction
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Don't feel there is enough media given to this Illness compaired to other countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
    I have taken part in 4 Memory Walks and done a 3 hour collection.Why are there no badges , or the silicon wristbands available for when these activities are being done? Other charities have them and they must bring in quite a sum of money , as well as giving more publicity to the cause at the same time .
    I am actually having one sent to me by someone from the American Alzheimer's Association, all because I asked where over here could I obtain one. I know they are possible to get if you bulk
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. help!

hello everyone, my problem is my husband is 25 years older than myself, he likes to go to the pub every day as his retired and does like a drink. but he wont give it up for a few months so he can be assesed for alzheimers. his brother and father died of alzs but he refuses to stop drinking for the assesment. i dont no how this will pan out for me as i am his main carer, I no i will need help. i carnt be the only person in this situation how can i get help. I find it very frustrating already with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Live in care

Quote Originally Posted by apple1345 View Post
    hello,
    we are in the process of trying to place live in care for my aunt. She never wanted to go into a care home so we are doing all we can to keep her in her own home in familiar surroundings. This is not an easy task, as I'm sure many of you understand.
    Are we allowed to ask about specific care agencies on this forum? I would like to know if a specific agency has been used by any anyone and if there are any agencies which could be recommended?
    I haven't really got the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Big excitement!

I have been to London to take some photos for the the forthcoming Alzheimers campaign called "Remember the person"
    We had our pictures taken (in my case in my walking gear!)
    It was very well organised, and Tony came as well so I didn't get lost in London!
    Watch this space...

Carrie
    Categories
    Uncategorized