View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Backtracking dementia diagnosis

I have been told by someone that you could backtrack a diagnosis. By this I mean that you can prove someone had dementia before dementia was confirmed.

I have posted before about a lady taking advantage of my Uncle for his money. She went to a Geriatric psychiatrist to confirm he didn't have dementia so that she could get him to sign various financial arrangements by taking him to a solicitor of her choice when he already had one. He went back and forth between Solicitorscontradicting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. our life

Sunday 8th January 2012
    Dawn left just after 1pm.
    Micky is upstairs sleeping. Its 2.07pm since Dawn left Dave and I have been sitting in the lounge watching a film. Dad came and sat in with us shortly after Dawn left. He sat for about 30 seconds and got up and walked into the kitchen, he was gone maybe 5 minutes, came back in sat down for no longer than 1 minute. This has continued ever since. Both Dave and I separately have tried to settle him. He is convinced he has no cigarettes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Re Mum

I wonder if anyone has any advise for me, mum has mixed dementia and recently she has been taken off Reminyl because both myself and the Dr did'nt think it was helping her. She is still taking Ebixer which she seems to be ok on, for the past few days she has been very short of breath i have taken her to her GP who has tested her heart, lungs, chest etc and cannot find any reason why she should be like this, at first he said it could be a panick attack but this has gone on for 4 days now so i dont ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. alzheimers and vascular dementia not alot of help from services

Hi all
    I have been a member for some while but have not had chance to post anything as Ive been so busy.::

I have been caring for my mother who has lots of medical illnesses and AD and VD (vascuar dementia) for approx 12 yrs now, at first i noticed mum getting very frustrated as she was forgetting things and had very short term memory so to cut a long story short i approached the Dr's and they sent us to the local memory clinic who done the mmse tests and revealed our ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Help Please

My mother has dementia (?AZ) and is in her late 90s. She usually eats like a horse and looks forward to her meals but she has all of a sudden gone off her food and is eating very little even when I encourage her to eat a little more.

Is this what happens to dementia suffers eventually? Am I looking at an end stage of things?

Any advice appreciated.
    Categories
    Uncategorized