View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Update from social care.

Just spoke to the social worker at the hospital. He said that as mum was moved to another ward last week, the new ward updated the health care assessment and it has tipped mum over into needing another assessment for continuous care. He said this means that Someone will have to come in from outside ( PCT) and do another assessment. If she meets this criteria, it means that all her care and nursing care costs will be met by the nhs. This means that she will get more money which means a better ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Yesterdays visit.

The visit yesterday was not pleasant. I don't know why I hoped it would be. It never is. Just more blame, I'm a liar, I don't make her happy, I don't care. I spent virtually the whole visit in tears. It gets me down so much. I did have the courage to tell mum I wouldn't be in today. I lied and said I had to work. Is that wrong? I don't know.

Today, I went to the doctors again. She has upped my anti depressants by 10 mg from 20 to 30. I am signed off work till next Friday ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Horrendous Disease that Is Alzheimers

I thought I would start jotting things down about my thoughts and feelings of what an awful disease Alzheimer's is, and how it can snatch your loved one away in such a cruel way. I am sure everyone who has some involvement in it will understand when I say that it is a horrible, spiteful and evil disease which nobody should have to go through whether they have the illness or if they are caring for someone with the illness.
    I haven't started any posts etc. on the Talking Point forum, as I've ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. i dont know what to do

Hi
    I hope you dont think that i am being selfish or self centred. My dad (76) got diagnosed on 3rd may this year, we had a feeling it would be alzheimers but it was still a shock to us. Hes my dad and i know im going to lose him eventually but i dont know if i can cope with the fact that one day, probably soon, that he wont even know who i am. This really scares me. My mum god bless her seems to be coping really well but shes old school and doesn't show her feelings to her kids.I have told ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. I'm so down.

I haven't blogged for the last couple of days, nor seen mum. I just haven't been able to face it, am too scared. I'm going in to see her in a minute though. Just don't expect it to be a good visit. I don't know if I am doing it out of duty, guilt, or what. It seems to upset her more when I go in, so why am I going in?
    Categories
    Uncategorized