View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day 8, Cycle 2

by , 06-10-2012 at 06:05 PM (My Friend Screen)
    This morning was chemotherapy morning again. I felt a little better again today and managed to make a big bolognese sauce. There will be plenty for tomorrow and plenty for freezing.

I was able to concentrate on cross stitch so I spent quite a lot of time in the sun room enjoying the peace and quiet and slowly stitching away. I have only experienced a slight headache and some breathlessness. A little blurry eyed but nothing serious. I am giving myself 6 days in order for this ...
  2. Family rift because of theft allegations

My aunt in 84 and lives next door to my mother 82. My aunt has dementia which has gradually appeared over the past 2 years. It started with general picking on my mum and being antagonistic until 12 months ago she started accusing mum of stealing from her. Her eyes go black and she becomes a nasty venemous person. So much so that they don't talk now and their youngest sister 80, deals with it all. My aunt has now started accusing my sister of stealing from her even the most bizzare things ( latest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 7, cycle 2

by , 05-10-2012 at 07:19 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Today has been another day in which I have needed to just rest. I woke feeling better than I did yesterday but I knew that I still needed to rest. This afternoon I was very breathless just moving from one room to the other. It will pass.

I had to cancel going out with my niece and wider family for a Chinese meal but Martin has gone to pick up Sarah and take her to meet her estranged family. There will be other times for me. I am beginning to realise how impossible it is for me ...
    Tags: breathless
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 6, Cycle 2

by , 04-10-2012 at 08:32 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Today was very different. I felt very unwell. Extremely tired and felt extremely drugged. Went back to bed this morning. Didn't ever get dressed today. Lounged all day and back in bed again at 6pm tonight. I am very breathless. I feel like I did whilst in hospital but without the suffering. It will pass.
    Tags: breathless, tired
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day Centre care

Hi, I am new to this site, my husband has just started attending a Day Centre, all went well on first visit, need advise from people who have been down this road as to how to keep him focused and not getting bored with going, he does not like to be left on his own even for short periods so this is essential for my sanity.
    Categories
    Uncategorized