View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The First Visit

Well, they came and went, the nice young doctor and his older, down-to-earth, district mental health nurse (I called her a mental nurse, but I think that's not right). They gave us the 'this won't cure, but may slow down' talk when discussing the medication. The medical fraternity always have to cover themselves - I understand that, having been a medical rep in my youth. I'll do more research and see what else helps. I know that lots of love helps a lot and there's that in abundance. But I'll ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Starting out

My darling husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimers disease. He turns 89 this month and is my delight and joy. I will not be afraid of this disease. We will confront it head-on and do everything to live life in the moment, which, of course, is what Buddhists teach us to do. We're not Buddhists. We not anything, really, when it comes to religious 'constraints, so we're free to explore and discover and do what we can.
    Today we await a visit from our very nice young psychiatrist. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I dont know where to turn

My dad was admitted to hospital just over 2 weeks ago after I found him partially dressed at home unable to speak. He had been going downhill very quickly for about 3 months and I suspected he may have had early dementia. Signs were there. House disgusting, personal hygenie none existent, mean and cross with me etc. I have now been informed by the hospital doctors that following a CT scan he has moderate dementia. He blames me for putting him in hosptial and has got steadly worse towards me ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. New To this

Hi Ive found this website as im starting to struggle with caring for my Dad who has Alzheimers, Im looking for help and advise out there so it would be great to chat to others in the same boat )
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My brother's MIL is a 'Wicked' person!

My mum is 84 and is not suffering from dementia, although her short term is fading and she is showing signs of fatigue.

I just thought I'd make this clear before I write this brief blog as I'm going to quote her here and I don't want anyone to misunderstand or think I'm being disrespectful in any way.

My brother's MIL is suffering from dementia and he and his wife are living a night and day mare looking after her. She has lots of health complications. Because I spend ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized