View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Three Weeks ago and Now back...

She is back in hospital. I think the shock of the shoulder dislocation was too much for her... and it is not looking good. I pray for miracles. All the time now. For her sake I should accept it, and I do - to an extend - but I wish we could go back to just being mom and daughter, without this terrible illness.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My dad

Quote Originally Posted by penpaljesse View Post
    Hi everyone, I am a new member my dad was today finally diagnosed with Dementia, my dad's GP mentioned it about 6 months ago and we have been waiting until today, unfortunately/fortunately this was due to a minor fall on Wednesday eve and being taken into hospital. The sad news it has been really quick! In April we knew things where wrong but by Sept dad really started to show signs and I decided to move him the 200 miles to be closer so I could keep my eye on him. He has had carers calling 4
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. mum

my mum has vascular dementia, about 18 months now, we as a family have watched mum go through alot of stages and got through them, but this one is proving very difficult and emotionly stressful. She's screaming all the time, we thought she was in terrible pain and took her to hospital for 24hrs, but nothing wrong, had doctor out to her loads of times, nothing wrong with her. We are now putting her back of her medication just to give her body a rest, we dont want to, as she was brighter without it, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Newbe

Not sure how to use forum?
    Read question on Care Home & when?
    Have problems with washing my husbands hair & showering-has been resisting on & off last 6wks!
    Very anxious, unsettled & jolts at night, wakes up & imagines others in the room, then jumps out to threaten them & mistakenly me, at times. Anyone else have this problem?
    Feel for all those worse off & think forum amazing help!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Teen Support

Hey everyone,

I've never posted on here before; but I'm feeling really down lately but I need some support. My dad is a sufferer of alzheimer's; he was diagnosed a few years ago and it is starting to get really hard.
    I wanted to know if there are any teens on here that could chat with me and tell me how they are coping with juggling a-levels, this disease and what not.

Thanks
    Tags: support, teenager
    Categories
    Uncategorized