View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. there is nought so strange as folk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    ..Dear PaulaJ...I am a Alzheimers/Dementia sufferer living in Bribie Island,Australia and I now know how the lepers must have felt in biblical times, as this is how my family treat me since being diagnosed in 2007, strangers are ok with my affliction, but family no,which seems to be quite the norm generally, perhaps they were not fond of me in the first place and the excuse they needed has finally given them a reason to stay away....being "he was always mad, now it has been confirmed",..or
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A trip to the GP

Quote Originally Posted by LynneMcV View Post
    I went with hubby to the doctor's today, to discuss the results of a recent hospital investigation into a large lump on his arm.

I wonder if the doctors ever read the patient's notes first? It was the doctors themselves who had written to ask hubby to come in and discuss the results of the investigation but the doctor who saw us didn't have a clue what it was all about and had to do a quick read up while we sat there.

I don't know any of the doctors at our local surgery
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 6, Cycle 3

by , 01-11-2012 at 10:02 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Today I am not well again. I didn't get out of bed until 1.30pm apart from constant trips to the loo. I was in a lot of pain and did take paracetamol and tramadol which helped relieve it. I am absolutely exhausted and can hardly type this blog tonight - hence it will be very short. It will pass. I comfort myself knowing that I have only had 2 periods of really bad times - the first when I was in hospital and now.
  4. how do we tell someone they have dementia?

We never told our mum, she just accepted that something was not quite right and I think she put it down to old age.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Getting out of the house...

Can anyone share ideas on how to get Mum out of the house, even when she refuses point blank to get too out of chair let alone step foot out of the door!. Have tried making it fun to the point of saying do it for us! Any ideas welcome and if I'm putting this question on wrong area of this forum, point me in the right direction seeing I'm a Newby! Lx
    Categories
    Uncategorized