View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Recently diagnosed

Hi I'm Liz and hav recently been diagnosed with alzeimers with posterior cortical atrophy, I kind of don't know whether this is classed as just dementia! All I have been told is that the left, right and back cortex in the brain is affected. The doctor told me the author terry practchet has the same type.

What's different? Well I'm 49 years old an still trying to hold an I.t. Teaching job down. I,m aware things are starting to deteriate. I have been started on rivastigmine 9.5 patch ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. trying not to see 2...xxx

Funny how this journey of caring changes day to day...Mum Bless her visted today as usual arriving as i just got home from a busy day at work...Her usual abrupt manner and comments did not seem to catch a raw nerve today and i found myself replying to the usual statements with a calmness and warmth i'd forgotten i still have ... Why the change i don't know but it was good to experience it and feel more able to respond to her negativities in a loving tolerant way rather than feeling angry and prickly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Father has died from vascular demtia : can i contest will against stepbrothers????

hi all ,

my father recently died one week ago aged 93 he was diagnosed with vascular demetia round about 7 years ago and since then my mother and myself (as his son) have been caring for him . my father has had two other sons to another wife before she died (known to me as my two stepbrothers) before he later married my mum .

we believe in 2004 when at a time my mother moved away from my father for 6 months that one of the older stepsons approached my dad and during ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. the best for mum

hi all , my first blog , my mum ,i think has stage 7 alzeimers . my brother is her carer and lives with mum ,yesterday she fell and has broken her breast bone and is in hospital . he leaves her all day alone but does her medication and food , but is this really good for her to be alone all day just watching tv ? she does however go to a luncheon club twice a week that she lovea , myself and my sisters takes it in turns and have mum stay with us for a couple of days , is this confusing for mum? she ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. trying not to see......x

My first words written down about my mum's journey into a fading reality that i try not to see even tho every day i think about it...It's almost as tho if i don't talk about it then it is not real...
    My mum is 78 and has had a diagnosis of frontal temporal lobe dementia for a couple of years...Although looking back her behaviour was changing a long time before a diagnosis was given...She still lives at home on her own supported by carers each day who visit to try and asisst her to look after ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized