View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day 11, Cycle 4

by , 04-12-2012 at 11:51 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Thank you Sarah. Thanks Helen, I will certainly google and get this sorted as it could help alleviate some of the fear.

Today I felt well again. I just wanted a quiet kind of day and spent nearly all morning on TP - just like old times. I really enjoyed being able to give some quality time for a change. I spent just about all evening on TP as well feeling well enough to give some quality time. I have taken it as a sign of me really feeling better

The afternoon ...
  2. Ccf

Quote Originally Posted by swithland View Post
    I haven't been on this site for a while as my dad, who had alzheimers died in April.
    However I do have quite a lot of experience in applying for ccf. My dad died shortly after we were awarded partial ccf. I didn't realise that this was possible. I thought it had to be all or nothing. We ended up having this retrospectively and so had a pay out after he had died. I had a very long battle while he was still alive which had been ongoing for 18 months. You really have to be very persistent and
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I am a new member

Quote Originally Posted by crewchief View Post
    My wife at 62 has been diagnosed with PCA Alzheimers.The Aricept at 10mg seems to be working quite well,and we seem to be managing OK.She has had problems now for 4 years,the first 2 her eyes were suspect but after lens replacement,we were put on the dementia game!
    I am 66 and retired so am able to care for her.We have had loads of advice about allowances etc.but no real idea about future deterioration or prognosis.
    If anyone has any advice specifically regarding PCA,it would be much
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 10, Cycle 4

by , 03-12-2012 at 07:54 PM (My Friend Screen)
    I can't believe I have already reached day 10 of this cycle. It seems to have flown by. I feel well again today.

I went to the nurse at the GP surgery to have blood taken to test my potassium and sodium levels again. She couldn't get any blood to run from my left arm and was reluctant to try the right because there is a little bruise there. However, she did try the right arm and got the supply she needed.

I then made an appointment to see a GP today to ask for ...
  5. Day 9, Cycle 4

by , 02-12-2012 at 09:04 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Thanks Helen. I am taking on board all the suggestions and today I have already benefitted.

I woke this morning feeling really very well. I got up early and started preparing lunch so that I could spend more time with my sister rather than being busy in the kitchen.

The breathlessness has subsided quite a lot and the water retention seems to have gone down a bit.

It was a lovely relaxing time and we went shopping after lunch because my sister loves ...