View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. So sad & confused!

Hi, this is new for me (first time user). I moved back with my parents a few years ago as my father was getting more confused, he eventually got diagnosed as suffering from alzheimers but that took time! My mum then had a stroke, followed by bowel cancer and unfortunately died last November.

I am now my fathers main carer, my sister lives very near (but has her own family & business) and I have a full time job. I have got helpers to get Dad up during the week, but he is getting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Stealing him away inch by inch ...

My husband has PCA (Posterior Cortical Atrophy) or Bensons Syndrome. He is high functioning, very articulate, independent, creative - a lover of the arts, travel - good food etc.

He was recently diagnosed with the condition, and finally things fell into place for me. All the strange and odd little changes in behaviour over a number of years ...

His brain scans revealed considerable atrophy - which has obviously been creeping steadily for a very long time.

Updated 30-07-2012 at 04:24 AM by Pipi

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Toileting problems

Quote Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
    My dad has Alzheimer's and lately has been having accidents on the toilet floor, which means my mum (87) has to clean him up and wash the floor etc. It's very trying for her. I can only help when I'm there, which is about 3 times per week. This type of problem is very difficult to deal with, because it can happen at any time of the day, so even if mum got a carer to help, they wouldn't necessarily be around at the right time. She has bought some incontinence pants for him but so far he hasn't worn
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 1 thing after another

as 1 thing might get somewhat better, theres worse waiting for me. its enough my mom died 5 weeks ago. now i have to probably have 2 foot operations, my husband has a variant of parkinsons , and the sister i loved all my life betrayed me so horrendously. she stole all the money in the will. i dont want the money and neither does my son. i wanted tio donate it in my moms memory to alzeimers research and to my dads memory for cancer research. im still healing from 2 hand operations. i feel like i ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. im new, and scared x

hello people, im very new to this, and very scared, i have a lovely, beautiful mum who is 79 and has Alzheimer's, who I have managed to support in her own home for the last 2 years, but has now after becoming unsafe, had to go into care, i know this is the right decision in my head, but my heart isnt happy, and not sure it ever will be, im on sick leave and dont really see how i can manage my job as a nurse and accept what i have had to do xx
    Categories
    Uncategorized