View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Hospital

Havnt written in a while, things have been tough, mums signed off work, i still have to go in, everyone asks 'hows your mum?' 'hows your dad?' never ask how i am! But on tues we were walking to chiquitos and he bent over in pain. dads in hospital at the moment, potential kidney stones! But he started being in agony on tuesday and still hasnt been dealt with or had a scan. Just been to visit him and for the first 10 mins of me arriving....he couldnt string a sentence together. He hasnt had his ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Now breast cancer too???

Hi all, just joined as I'm finally coming thru denial.

My mum was diagnosed with vas dementia last year after years of not being listened to as shes only 61. The last few months I have been bathing her, washing hair and brushing teeth. Last week she was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer and has an operation booked for 20th March for full mastectomy.

How are we going to tell her every day why her breast is missing when she doesnt even understand what order her clothes ...
  3. dreams

I keep having the same dream where I go to visit my mum in CH and she is completely normal,( she has vas dementia) and cant understand why she is in that place. We take her home thinking it is just a good day but she is cured of this dreadful disease. I know its only a dream or wishful thinking or could it be that Im struggling to accept her condition? I thought I was coping ok but at certain times of the year, mothers day, birthdays it sort of hits me that we will never celebrate them properly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. care home advice

hi im trying to find info for my parents,who have my nan living with them shes been with them for 4years now,she sold her house when she moved in with my parents,to enable my mum and dad to take care of her.my nan has got worse and my parents are really struggling with her everyday needs,so im wondering would my nan be able to go into a home with funding help or not,my dad is retired and my mum is due to retire in september,i really need some advice as i feel my nan and my parents are suffering ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Started hubby on Souvenaid

Quote Originally Posted by LynneMcV View Post
    I've now started hubby on Souvenaid - he has had two so far (I purchased an initial pack of four vanilla online, having failed to find a pharmacy that had the foggiest idea about it). Hubby said he is happy enough to carry on with it for now, so I will make arrangements to order it from the official outlet. I am also going to try him out on the strawberry flavour ones - again, just a pack of four to start with to see if he likes it). If that one goes down well, again I will make arrangements to
    Categories
    Uncategorized