View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day Centre care

Hi, I am new to this site, my husband has just started attending a Day Centre, all went well on first visit, need advise from people who have been down this road as to how to keep him focused and not getting bored with going, he does not like to be left on his own even for short periods so this is essential for my sanity.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Political debate and context

Hi all,
    I am currently doing some research into the topic of Dementia, but more specifically looking at the political context involved.
    This is the environment surrounding dementia patients, carers, families and hospital staff alike.
    The current political agenda and debate particularly interests me in the Dementia Declaration.
    Also if anyone could help me with what issues and policies that are currently laid out by the government and whether they work or not?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Day 5, Cycle 2

by on 03-10-2012 at 04:32 PM (My Friend Screen)
    I slept very well so this morning I went swimming at 8.30am. I swam 110 lengths. My aim is to swim 1.5 miles and then get up to 2 miles per session. I have a way to go. I am increasing the lengths a few at a time.

I am a bit shaky inside today which is the thalidomide part of the treatment. It isn't much to have to put up with compared to what could be so I am grateful. I was tired this afternoon so just relaxed with a friend in the sunroom.

Potential toilet ...
    Tags: shaky, swimming
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. I am stepping back

by on 03-10-2012 at 08:32 AM (Holding my breath and count to ten.)
    I had arranged through Social Services to get mum a gardener to attack 18months of weeds in her very large garden. She agreed to have this done seeing that the brother and sister who were going to do it had not attempted it. So contacted the recommended, vetted gardener who said it would take two days and mum was happy with that. Then wrote to my sister to say how much it would cost but had I had not mentioned that to mum and just said that the government were paying (through her attendance allowance). ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Day 4, Cycle 2

by on 02-10-2012 at 08:01 PM (My Friend Screen)
    I spent the morning cooking today. Big pot of vegetable soup and a fish pie. I did a little cross stitch in the sun room.

This afternoon Martin and I decided to do a bike ride. We went down to the river at Gunthorpe. The bike ride was marvellous. We got drenched in the process but it didn't matter, it was warm and it was fun.

I am aware that I do not need to become constipated again which may happen at this juncture of this 2nd cycle of treatment so tonight I ...