View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Day 13, Cycle 1 of new treatment

by , 05-02-2013 at 08:35 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Thank you Sylvia and Jeany,

We awoke to snow covering the ground and the cars were covered completely. It remained snowing for quite a while.

I felt tired this morning and stayed in bed to read my book but kept falling to sleep. In the end I got up and had a bath and washed my hair.

I was in and out of the Renal Department at the Hospital.

We then went to an Indian area of the city to eat at a place where the vast majority of ...
  2. My Hero, my dad

I have had my dad in hospital for the last 4 weeks, he has vascular dementia and Alzheimers. I have often talked to people telling them about his life and many have told me I should write a book about him. I have often thought of writing his life story as he has had a very interesting life. I find writing therapeutic so I think I will start writing it on here as a blog and if anyone thinks its worth publishing I might have the courage to do it.

My dad was born in 1918 in North London. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lights are on but nobody is home

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinpants View Post
    How do you deal with 4am phone calls from a relative with dementia convinced they are in a stranger's home?

We have had numerous amount of calls from my Nana convinced she is waiting to be taken home. Problem is she is already home. No matter how many times you try to reassure her, she cannot get to grips with the idea. She recognises the photos and the rooms and knows it all looks familiar but isn't sure why. She is also convinced she isn't alone there. Often she thinks her family
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Jennyhenny

Has anyone any experience of the new drink that has just come on the market?Souvenaid sounds interesting, and I would like my Mum, to try it. She has a poor appetite, and I wondered how well she would tolerate drinking it.
    Also I was interested to read in an article by Max Pemberton in the Telegraph (January7th) that paracetamol is effective in treating agitation and distress in people with dementia.
    Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dad is suddenly coherent! Can people recover from dementia?

Quote Originally Posted by jan.s View Post
    Roger's last CH. the nurse always reckoned that the full moon had a bad effect on the residents.
    I noticed the full moon last week when my husband was having what my daughter calls a Mr Hyde turn. When I mentioned this to her she thought I was being fanciful, but in the past, people who were "0ff balance" used to be called lunatics.
    Categories
    Uncategorized