View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. new member

hi everyone ive just joined on here as my mum has been diagnosed with mixed dementia, i believe it ctually started about 2-3 years ago when i look back at certain things that happened however over the last 3 mnths she has got much worse, an assesment was made from the memory clinic then a brain scan was done and on thursday we got the news that she has demenia and that she had had a ministoke of the frontal lobe, for a few weeks now she has awfull delusions thinking she has a baby and small children ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Need suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by Black Cat Billy View Post
    Hi, My cousin who lives in St Ives has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She is 60. I am trying to set up a network of supportive friends. She lives alone and her only son is in the army. There are two cousins, one in Glasgow (caring for her 90+ Mum with dementia) and me living in Somerset. Without the support of amazing neighbours her life would be impossible. She cannot use the computer so cannot use your forum. With the help of two friends (also long distance) she has had MRI scan/ memory clinic
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Help needed please

My cousin has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. She is 60. She lives in St Ives Cambridge. I live in Somerset. Her son is in the army. I'm looking for a friend who could visit her. Is there anyone out there who can help us?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Day 21, Cycle 3

by , 16-11-2012 at 11:55 PM (My Friend Screen)
    I felt better this morning. Not as good as the 7 days that have just gone but good enough. I needed to see the GP for a prescription change and I saw someone new. She was just as wonderful as all the rest in that practice. It is amazing how different they are to the staff working at the hospital. All the GP's in this practice are very personable unlike the hospital doctors and nurses who are very clinical.

The double dose of diuretics are working and my fluid retention is lessening. ...
  5. ebixia medication advice

Hi everyone,
    mum started on Ebixia five weeks ago and the last week apart from being more drowsy, when she is awake her moods are up and down more than usual and her talking and laughing has become more exagerated and louder. Obviously we would prefer her happy but the memory people have told the care home staff that it is not the tablets and we were wondering if anyone has seen this in there relatives taking Ebixia. We are also thinking that maybe the tabs don't suit mum even though they ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized