View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. A sudden spate of deterioration?

Quote Originally Posted by LynneMcV View Post
    Things seem to have been happening thick and fast this week with my husband's 'early onset dementia' condition.

First, on Monday, there was (what I think/hope might be) a 'one off' episode of not quite making it to the toilet in time. Then, on Wednesday he took 200 out the cashpoint instead of 20 because he got in a muddle with the key pad - not to mention the fact that he was seemingly unaware of the possible danger he was putting himself in as he told me about his unexpected haul
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A sudden spate of deterioration?

Quote Originally Posted by LynneMcV View Post
    Things seem to have been happening thick and fast this week with my husband's 'early onset dementia' condition.

First, on Monday, there was (what I think/hope might be) a 'one off' episode of not quite making it to the toilet in time. Then, on Wednesday he took 200 out the cashpoint instead of 20 because he got in a muddle with the key pad - not to mention the fact that he was seemingly unaware of the possible danger he was putting himself in as he told me about his unexpected haul
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. ljane

Help with the cost of driving lessons as obviously my father is no longer able to drive does anyone know of any organisations that could help me? please and thks
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. the mourning

its already 6 weeks since my mom died from alzeimers.youd think things would be better, but i dont think it is. i keep busy, but how do you not think and think? sure i have my husband and son. the best day of my life was when i met my husband. but its the little things---i look around my house asnd i see the little things. it reminds me so much of her that i have to run out or i feel like ill never stop crying. i know 6 weeks is not enough.i eat more, but i still dont think im gaining my weight ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My Father

Quote Originally Posted by DougWort View Post
    Hello,
    This is my first post so please forgive me if it seems tentative.
    My father is 84 and has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's for about two years. He's lived alone for nearly thirty years (divorce, never finding his feet in the aftermath, and two grown up boys leaving home), and adopted a kind of latter day hermit's existence.
    His strange ways (obsessions, slowly eroding social skills) and depressions seem now to me to have been precursors to where we are today, and even
    Categories
    Uncategorized