View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. shazliv

My mum has had dementia since she had a stroke 20years ago. Two weeks ago my father died and she doesnt seem to retain the information. The day he died i told her and she seem to understand but now she just says wheres ur dad and did he send u cos he cant be bothered to come himself. This friday is his funeral and i habe arranged for a wheelchair taxi to take my mum and the nurse from her care home to the funeral am i doing the right thing or will this make her worse. I have come to terms with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. proactive

Over the last week I have offered myself as a guinea pig to a few researchers. I hope that the take me on- it may not be of any benefit for me but will improve understanding. I will not let this take over my every thought as it has done for the last 3 months since diagnosis.
    Since seeing the Mental Health OT I cant tell you how many A-Z lists I've done. Some are 'in progress'- a veg beginning with 'Q' has me stumped! I have started doing my family tree for all those unanswered questions when ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Worried about my Mum

Thank-you Jay, for your kind words, it's so nice to speak to people who are/have been in the same situation as myself, & not just to family members!

My Mum has been in her care home for just over a year, but had been admitted to hosptial(s) first in May 2011.

I know she doesn't eat regularly, as she will not sit at the table with the other residents. They have to provide her with "finger foods", & each time we go in we take in little bites to eat/drink, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Worried about my Mum

Thank-you Chris, for your kind words, it's so nice to speak to people who are/have been in the same situation as myself, & not just to family members!

My Mum has been in her care home for just over a year, but had been admitted to hosptial(s) first in May 2011.

I know she doesn't eat regularly, as she will not sit at the table with the other residents. They have to provide her with "finger foods", & each time we go in we take in little bites to eat/drink, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Worried about my Mum

Thank-you JoshuaTree, for your kind words, it's so nice to speak to people who are/have been in the same situation as myself, & not just to family members!

I know she doesn't eat regularly, as she will not sit at the table with the other residents. They have to provide her with "finger foods", & each time we go in we take in little bites to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized