View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How long?

There's a tiny glimmer of hope.

Although the situation remains the same, no support is avilable because John has too much money yet is too ill to access it, the nurse in the community mental health team has offered to come and bathe John while Kate and I wash his clothes. This is not part of her job but she realises that allowing John to continue being unwashed, unkempt and smelly is simply not tenable.
    This, however, is likely to be a one off.

Kate and I went ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. what I remember when Death knocked...

I was in this space five years ago - I remember the same feelings, and yet it is different. My mom is my best friend in the world, and she has been slipping away for the past years, since my dad passed on.

Standing next to her bed, checking her pulse, her colour... the warmth of her skin and knowing she does not eat any more, and takes very little fluids, I remember abouth death. And what I hold onto is the knowledge that the spirit soars as the body collapses. I remind myself that ...
    Tags: compassion, death
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Not doing well

I was just wondering if I could get some advise its my first time using thisweb site. I found out last year that my mum has Alzheimers although she has been having memory problems for quite a few years. she was doing great up until a few months ago still living on her own and very independent until she had a urine infection she was treated with antibiotics which cleared it up, since then she has become a different person. She is unable to do anything for herself she is not eating, cant dress herself ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dementia with Cancer

by on 22-06-2012 at 02:48 PM (Dementia with Cancer)
    My Dad has had chronic short-term memory loss for nearly two years.
    Two months ago he was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and is currently undergoing chemo.
    It's proving very difficult for me and my Mum to judge his understanding and acceptance of what is going on - his current anxieties seem to have made him worse.
    The medical staff have been great, but I'd love to hear from anyone who is experiencing a similar set of circumstances.

Thanks Sharon (Kent)
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Kingfisher5

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any useful feedback regarding coconut oil? We have read quite a lot of stuff on the internet claiming its benefits. Wondered if anyone has any beneficial stories to share. Thanks
    Categories
    Uncategorized