View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Disappearing dad

The title ought to be funny .. but its not.
    its almost 2 years now since dads fall that exacerbated his vascular dementia to the extent that he was hospitalised & could no longer live at home.
    It was hard then, The dad I had was no more. I came to love the dad I had now.
    with his lack of inhibition, his hallucinations, the humour
    Even in the darkest days we managed to take comfort from the humour that came to light and bubbled to the surface.
    We have been budgie ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Day 12, Cycle 3

by on 07-11-2012 at 06:49 PM (My Friend Screen)
    Thank you all for your comments. The thing is, I don't have cancer and am not on chemotherapy alone. I have to take thalidomide daily and it is this component to the treatment that has so made side effects. It is the thalidomide that causes neuropathy (cramps in hands and feet) and it can cause permanent damage. It is a necessary componenet to treat amyloidosis. I also have to take medication to treat the parts of my body that amlyoid has damaged - ie my kidneys. I have it in my bones, my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Donepezil

My husband has been having tremors while he is asleep for a few months, the doctor has suggested a trial for 2 weeks without taking Donepezil, has anybody else had the same problem?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Respite Care - advice please

My Mum has AD and lives with me and my husband. After much agonising we have arranged for her to go into a CH for respite care for a week in December so we can have a break and visit our sons before Xmas. Of course, we're now worrying about how Mum will cope with going into respite care and would be really grateful for any advice/tips on what we should do and say to her (and when) to avoid upsetting her any more than we have to. Would love to hear from anyone else on what they have found works best ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Celebration of the life of

My mother has Lewy body dementia we are about a year into this terrible illness
    And I am slowly getting my head around it. I am one of seven children but have been mums main carer for nearly 12 years now since dad died. Mum is progressively getting worse she is now in a care home and I go to see her six days a week and in doing so can see the deterioration. So I came up with an idea to get all of her family
    Children grandchildren great grandchildren and close friends together for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized