View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Care home fees cost more to private payers

Quote Originally Posted by SailingWanderer View Post
    I have no problem with my parents paying for their care and care not a jot if all thier money is used up in this way, also I have no problem with people who are unable to pay for themsevles for whatever reason.I also realise that care is costly and have no objetion to paying whatever it costs. What I object to is paying more than social services pay for people....it either costs 600 a week or it costs 400 a week there just cant be a difference as the rooms and the care are identical ( rightly
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Still none the wiser...

Quote Originally Posted by LynneMcV View Post
    Well, w've just got back from husband's 'feedback' session with the neuropsychologist. It basically went the way we expected - strengths in some areas, weaknesses in others (the full report and scoring will be posted to us so we can look at it in more detail).

The final conclusion was that, yes, my husband does have early on-set dementia (which wasn't exactly news to either of us) - and we were packed off with a batch of papers outlining various memory coping strategies to follow
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Help

I have just posted a blog but it's not on main blog.How do I get it up on main wall
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Synopsis of story so far

Its now been 8 months since I persuaded mum to move north to live in Northern Ireland. It was not a decision I took lightly. I researched what care I could get for her in Southern Ireland and there was basically none. Its either live on your own totally independently or go into care. There is no halfway. This is a bit mad considering the massive cost differential between paying for home care for 1 hour per day split 4 ways to paying for full time 24/7 care.
    She had lost 3st in 8 months yet ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dad's started supervising me !!

I have been caring for my father (83) for nearly three years and he is fast approaching stage 6 if not already there.

We are delighted to welcome a new baby into the family, who was born on Saturday and I look forward to visiting soon.

I have been buying gifts for the baby as most people do, but Dad seems to think I pose a very real threat to the baby's well being, discouraging me from having any contact with the family whatsoever. I thought it would have passed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized