View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Sadly there was no reunion at the hospital

Both my Uncle and Gt Uncle were discharged from the hospital today. My Uncle back to his NH and my Gt Uncle to his local community hospital in his home town. So they never did get to have a reunion. I'm pleased they have both been discharged but it was a shame that the hospital couldn't find a way of letting them meet for half an hour or so.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Having New Carer coming in, 1 half-day - but no holidays!

Hi. I have posted on forum, so far but not blogged... Today I had a visit from the local care agency manager, plus the lady carer who will be coming in to look after my hubby on a Wednesday morning while I have a ring fenced 2-3 hours away form the home. So far I have been going out for 2-3 hours, but always under pressure to rush back. Also our adult son lives here, but does not act as a carer.

My husband is 70 and has moderate level mixed dementia, diagnosed in 2008. He gets
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. new to full time care

MY MOTHER HAS BEEN LIVING WITH ME FOR 1 MONTH NOW STAYED WITH MY YOUNGER SISTER FOR 42 YEARS BUT SHE WAS NEVER IN WENT TO WORK AT 7AM AND NEVER CAME HOME TILL LATE UNLESS IT WAS A DAY THE REST OF US TOOK MUM OUT AND THEN SHE WAS HOME UNTILL WE RETURNED THEN SHE WENT OUT READING SOME OF THE POSTS A LOT OF THEM SAID THEYRE FAMILY MEMBERS WERE VIOLENT DO ALL DEMENTIA PATIENTS GET VIOLENT OR JUST FORGET WHO WE ARE LIKE MY MUM WHO I HAVE TO TELL ALL THE TIME IM HER DAUGHTER
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Do Attorneys HAVE to share financial information with siblings?

My brother and I are attorneys on my mothers registered EPA. I have another brother and sister who aren't attorneys. I have searched the net but cannot find an answer to my question. I did find various guidelines which said that financial dealings must be kept private...but private from whom?
    The reason I ask is that one of the non-attorney siblings wishes to know everything about mums bank accounts and transactions.
    I am very reluctant to disclose this information because in recent ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. mydad is hesgone not ddmentia related

Quote Originally Posted by CaPattinson View Post
    I wonder what predictive text is based on then? Maybe patterns, dunno.

anna and bomb, hmm. Is it on your phone or pc?
    Its on my phone. my other friend Ian comes out as ham!
    Categories
    Uncategorized