View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. How long? Four months and counting.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me replies on the forum or has commented on the blog. I intend to show all of this to the MP to illustrate how upset many people were by this story. Please keep commenting.

John has had his first bit of 'unofficial' state help. The mental health nurse who is now his case coordinator bathed him; this not part of her role but she offered to this because she was so concerned about John; she even bought the toiletries out of her own money.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    Just an update.

Auntie is going into a nursing home for a short time, Uncle insists he has to go too as long as he has a sea view, oh dear.

Regards

Ken Underwood
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sodium Valproate (Epilim)

My husband has just been taken off Aricept and is now taking Sodium Valproate (Epilim), Idon't think this is doing him any good, he seems to be going downhill fast, has anybody else had any experience of taking this drug?
    Canadian
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hi FranticFilly,

Quote Originally Posted by FranticFilly View Post
    Hi, my husband and I have just found out that my mother-in-law has vascular dementia, and also my father is showing signs of dementia. It is a scary prospect for me, as my parents live just down the road, and my mother in law lives about 40 minutes drive away! I work part-time but have other commitments which take a lot of my time and energy, so there may be difficult choices ahead which I'm not looking forward to. My mother-in-law also has very bad eyesight, but still wants to live an independent
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. New to all this and need some help

Following the recent headlines about deadlines being set for claiming back care home fees I have been trawling the internet trying to find out how you go about registering a claim. All very confusing! hundreds of companies who want to do it for you and then I am guessing they take a percentage of your claim as their fee???
    Does anyone know if you can do this yourself and if so where do I start.
    Background info: my grandmother spent a year in a nursing home before her death in May ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized