View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New to Blog, My husband has Frontotemporal Dementia, Diagnosed 2009

I think I've landed in the UK rather than the US blog but I somehow think we all share much the same things. I've cared for my husband (65) for the last three years and his dementia continues to progress. I've been able to deal with many of the things that have come our way but one has me totally at a brick wall.
    He has taken to getting on the toilet and sitting sometimes for 3 hours! I've mentioned this to his doctor who has no solution. He is a big man, 6'4" and weighs 204, I'm ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sending Mum home

Quote Originally Posted by debbiemfg View Post
    Hi there all,

We found out yesterday that Mums Pneumonia has been treated successfully. She is still very weak and has not been out of bed for 12 days. She is only drinking fluid that has been thickened and very small amounts and no solids at all. The hospital want to discharge her home to the care of my 86 year old dad and occupational therapy and physio and social services are now involved. Can't seem to get an answer as to whethrerthis will be short term before she succumbs to
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. wha t to think anymore!

i read these blogs everyday. in post some comments because i want all of you ton know that im here with you always. i was there. im still there. ill always be there. how do you forget? you dont. my mom died 5 months ago. my dad died 18 years ago. my son is now getting married. im very happay about it. his new wife will be a daughter to me. but my mom and dad wanted to be there. they used to talk about it and wed imagine how it would be,. but theyre both gone and here i am on my own with a great ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Help needed as we are getting out of our depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Underwood View Post
    Well here i am again, things are going from bad to worse and without going into fine details i will ask a question that confuses me.

As it happens there is another relation in Maureen`s family that has AZ but she is surrounded by lots of close family members but the same question has arisen.

It would appear that in the family`s opinion if when either one of these family members need some respite or other maybe permanent care then they must be asked and if they decline
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Sequencing

I noticed more evidence of hubby's inability to 'sequence' things today.

Yesterday I wrote out all the main Christmas cards (as I have always done anyway) but today, when I was at work, hubby remembered two or three people he'd like to send a card to.

He used the telephone to ring around and check for various addresses - then tried to write out the cards. It ended up with my son, who was at home, having to step in and write the cards out for him, because hubby was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized