View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Help

I am so tired. My dad became ill a little over a year ago. He was in 9 facilities....some in his home town area before I packed he and mom up and brought them to my home town area for help. He died 5 months later. Mom has dementia. I had her living with me through all of this. It was difficult dealing with dad's illness and passing and her dementia and behaviors. I found a lovely place for mom to live. It is homey and the care is wonderful. I see her nearly every day. She has always had ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Corticosteroids medication and it's effect on memory

This is my first posting so I apologise if I'm doing it wrong http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/image...es/redface.gif.
    After years of trying to get doctors to realise there was something wrong, my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers about three years or so ago and was given Aricept which has helped quite a lot. For 12 years he has been on rheumatoid arthritis medication, Methotrexate and Prednisolone. Since taking Aricept his pain levels have increased. I believe the Aricept interferes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How to keep sane and calm

I have been looking after my mum (she is almost 90) for over a year now and it is so sad to see her disappear. I feel very guilty when I feel irratated that she has asked me the same question over and over again - or said the same thing for the 10th time. I know she cannot help it and for her it is the first time she has said it but there are days when it is hard to keep smiling!
    She lives next door to me and has a carer every morning to help her get up and have breakfast, but I do the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. leegabain

Quote Originally Posted by leegabain View Post
    Hi. I have a friend, whos husband has alzheimers. He is mid 80's and his wife is mid 70's. He went into nursing home last autumn and he came home a few weeks ago. He was fine to start, but this week went back into nursing home. His wife is lost, as he was her life. She would like to speak to people in same situation, whether male or female. She is a lovely lady, who needs someone to talk to. Can anyone be there for her? In Pewsey/ Devizes area. Thank you for reading this.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Good News about Help for Alzheimer's Sufferers

Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    True great news but is the extra not being given over three years? With dementia suffers numbers greater than cardiac, stroke and cancer put together this is still way behind, yet at least it is something. Where the suffer is is living at home the carer is often the spouse. This would suggest that the carer and sufferer will be of a similer age and in many cases well over retirement age. So what is David Cameron going to do to releave the strain and the costs on the carer? If the carer goes
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast