View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. What next.

I am now at a loss. As you know my husband has been having further tests.He has been down the memory test route (is very good at passing tests) He had has a Spect Scan to be told that is normal. The memory tests show no sign of Vascular Dementia because he got the same score as he did 21/2 years ago. Although the consultant accepted there is some damage from his four strokes she seems to think I am embelishing the problems for some reason. Our GP still thinks my hubby has VD and the problems are ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. you are not alone x 2

Well here I am sitting on the settee in the lounge, having catnapped, mostly what I seem to do these days, but still I shouldnt moan, I am in a better state than dad....................... last night he wouldnt go to bed until sometime between 1.30 and 2.30 and I know why, only because he is my dad and I know him well ..................... he is waiting for my mum, looking for her, watching out, hands reach out to her when she walks into the room and he sees her, his eyes dance and he holds her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Useless siblings!

It really is enough to make you chew your own foot off!

I have 3 siblings- a sister in Australia, a brother in Mexico and another brother about a hour away from me.

Mum has vascular dementia. I am with her every day, average 7 hours a day.

Lately mum has been upset because of the lack of contact from my siblings. She cries (she never used to show emotion at all, but now she clings to me, upset) and asks me what has she done wrong, why don't they write.... ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. day or night

Hello all

mother 90 years young, trying to make her as comfortable and safe in her own home as possible. current problem is her not knowing what day it is and going to bed at odd times during the day disruping her daily patterns. looking for a clock etc that will reminder of which day it is and what time of day, voice prompted would be ideal.

suggestion greating welocme
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. lis again

Quote Originally Posted by lis View Post
    [not sure i am doing this proply!!!!!!!!!
    today i am not feeling so angry which is good - had a lovely walk on the beach with my dog and then took my mum and her dog to the beach - i just find it all so exhausting though - and am very bad at seeking help - what to do?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast