View RSS Feed

Dear Care Quality Commission

1. Dear CQC - a wake-up call?

by on 02-06-2011 at 06:05 PM (Dear Care Quality Commission)
    It’s a very long time since I added anything to this blog – but only because I couldn’t be blogged to do so. I’ve never been a fan of yours, as you know, and I know it’s never been seen as ‘acceptable’ to criticise you on this forum, but I do now think a lot of people are beginning to understand what I was blogging on about. Eyes have been opened, but in a rather unacceptable way.

When I watched the Panorama programme on TV the other night, I was deeply upset by it, as were many ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dear CQC, an overdue update

by on 02-07-2010 at 09:46 PM (Dear Care Quality Commission)
    Well, CQC, it's months since I last greeted you.

I understand that you and some others know the reasons why I've been absent from my Blog. Or even why my Blog has been absent from my thoughts.

Snails make slow but positive progress. However, CQC, you set the course; you define and space out the hurdles; you set the processes in place in the best interests of CQC and many others - but not in the best interests of those deserving of and needing care; you set the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dear CQC - a seasonal thought, not that it's obvious!

by on 02-01-2010 at 07:33 PM (Dear Care Quality Commission)
    The serpent needs to wear a crown.

It matters not.

The spirit rises and lives on.

There’s special providence in the fall of a sparrow.

PS. Please do not amend this Blog entry too! It is seriously disturbing that unmoderated blog entries can be 'invisibly' amended, but not by the Blogger.

Updated 06-01-2010 at 08:01 PM by JPG1

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Dear CQC - Happy New Year to you!

by on 31-12-2009 at 09:21 PM (Dear Care Quality Commission)
    Dear CQC,

As we approach the end of an old year and the start of a New Year and Decade, I have been considering the concept of ‘fool’s gold’ and also wondering whether it is worth trying to chase the real thing as far as dementia care is concerned.

Fool’s gold was always a common mineral, but then again .... isn’t that what we all are, as human beings? A base conglomeration of ... water, protein, fat, bones, minerals, more proteins, all contributing their own bits, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Dear CQC - Gerry Robinson rules!

by on 15-12-2009 at 10:51 PM (Dear Care Quality Commission)
    I have been on the edge, on the brink of posting my own "understanding" of how your star-ratings seem to work, and I was about to ponder-via-blog (is "to blogponder" an acceptable verb?) that I was puzzled to see a care home with major action plans imposed on it (but graciously accepted, of course, by the Care Provider, so that said Care Provider would be seen as complying with requirements, of course!!! Hum, hum, hm, hm!!) ... same care home was moved from zero-star rating, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast