View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Time to look back

Looking back at the first blog I did, I noticed that I was going to post some good times to look back on,and I see that I managed all of two. I suppose that's par for the course.

My dad has gone, and I now worry about my mum in the nursing home and I feel guilty that she is there, as she says, on her own. She isn't on her own of course, but surrounded by people much worse than her and all because she wanders. If she didn't she would be able to be with others that she can talk to, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. mydad is hesgone not ddmentia related

Quote Originally Posted by CaPattinson View Post
    I wonder what predictive text is based on then? Maybe patterns, dunno.

anna and bomb, hmm. Is it on your phone or pc?
    Its on my phone. my other friend Ian comes out as ham!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. No answers needed, just a mini rant

I had decided that I was going to use the blogs to record good stuff, if things get bad with mum later, but I want to have a bit of a rant. I've just had a break from work over the school holidays and was feeling pretty good. Went back to work today, phoned mum at lunchtime and she sounded cheerful, tv on, had her lunch. She was ok when I got home, but has just come out in the hall looking for her 'family'. I'm here I said, you live with me, we are your family. I know she said, I'm looking for my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Lovely Weekend

Paul, Dan and I went away to the Lake District for the weekend. I was so looking forward to getting away, I didn't care what the weather was going to be like. We stayed in a nice hotel, and I didn't have to do anything or worry about anyone as mum and dad were both being looked after in their separate places. I was concious that I have been fussing a bit with my mum and this came to a head Thursday I think when she told me to 'please leave me alone'. I'd found a pair of nail scissors in with her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A better day than I thought it would be

Yesterday Dad's home rang to ask if I could take him for his CT scan, He's been rambling a bit at night, hallucinating and imagining he has to go to work. I was a bit daunted because he's not very mobile, known for falling over and I was reluctant to leave my son here with mum, who has mild dementia for that amount of time. Coupled with knowing what it's like to park at the hospital had me awake at 2.00 a.m worrying. But... it all went really well! Mum wanted to come with us too, which was fine. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized