View RSS Feed

Jancis

1. Could my Great Uncle be suffering from pseudo-dementia?

(MaryW wondered about this when she posted on my thread in the Tea Room today.)

Gt Uncle is 92. Many folk would say, come on, he's had a very good innings - what do you expect from a man who's wife has been dead for 20 yrs and has been coping on his own. They would find it hard to understand why I am trying to find a reason for him suddenly behaving in a way that is associated with a dementing illness.

Perhaps there is something mentally wrong with me but I find it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sadly there was no reunion at the hospital

Both my Uncle and Gt Uncle were discharged from the hospital today. My Uncle back to his NH and my Gt Uncle to his local community hospital in his home town. So they never did get to have a reunion. I'm pleased they have both been discharged but it was a shame that the hospital couldn't find a way of letting them meet for half an hour or so.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is dementia contagious?

The Staff Nurse I spoke to this morning said she would try to help organise a reunion between my two uncles. She said that Uncle No.2 had been moved to a side ward (in isolation) because he was very disruptive at night. I can't believe Uncle No.2 has been challenging - he doesn't have a diagnosis of dementia - he's virtually blind and has a problem with his hip replacements. Has he contracted dementia while he's been in the hospital? Sorry for naive question but the thought crossed my mind, it really ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized