View RSS Feed

rosaliesal

1. It may never happen

For 17 years I have wondered how long mum could lead a normal life before the ravages of Alzheimers took over. Mum is now 85 and the slow walking turned out not to be Alzheimers but blood not being able to get through to the heart (no pain at all until very recently). Mum has had a lovely life and although changes in ability happened she was still able to enjoy life and trips out being with us. She loves our golden retriever who loves her. Our grandchild makes a huge fuss of her and loves her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Simple pleasures...because of a wheelchair

Mum's terminal illness made me give up taking her to her lovely day care centre. I still wanted to give her some life, so today my husband and I collected a wheelchair for the first time. We immediately took her to town, visited a couple of shops and walked around the town, then sat in the sun having a coffee at an outdoor table on the market square. We all had a lovely time in the sun and mum was happy to be out with no stress at all at having to try to cope with walking. So if anyone out there ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Life well lived.Remember happy times with photos

My mother has recently been diagnosed as being terminal with heart problems. I found all the photos dad once took, 53 albums and 50 slide holders each with 120 slides. As I went through them all, chatting to mum about what we were seeing, along came two of her adult grandchildren who took delight in sharing these memories. Thanks to a QVC machine I have put all of these through onto disc for all the family to enjoy. Whilst doing so I looked at the happy faces smililing and smiling on hundreds ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Stumbling, falling over...what is the cause ..low blood pressure.

For a very long time mum has been walking so very slowly. We adjusted everything we did. Progressively, since Christmas, it has become more and more difficult to let her accompany me to even the supermarket to buy even one loaf. Just getting from the car park into the store (even with a disabled badge) she would stumble, stop, get her breath. She would say she did not have pain but sometimes say she felt a tingling sensation down one or both legs or arms. Angina was diagnosed but despite medication ...

Updated 13-05-2011 at 04:01 PM by rosaliesal

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Keeping animals

A dog is certainly mans' best friend and animals are wonderful companions. I answered someones blog by commenting on the dangers of keeping an animal when a person has Alzheimers. A caring member of the family had suggested getting them a pet. My concern was that the person with Alzheimers was living alone. Not looking ahead at the future could be a problem for the pet. Obviously if someone has the ability to take care of a pet that is marvellous. However, once a person has difficulty living ...

Updated 01-05-2011 at 05:02 PM by rosaliesal

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast