View RSS Feed

Nan2seven

1. Hospital blog, 2nd to 4th April 2011

Sat. 2:4: Rang hospital at 10 a.m.. Brian has had two more seizures, one in night and one this a.m.. Bedside at 10.30, Danny washing him. I helped. Brian had eaten some porridge for breakfast. Now v. tired. Gave me lop-sided smile. Too tired to see flowers and card [for weddg. anniversary.] Left at 11.15.

Evening: v. sleepy at first. Sleep came in waves. Had had no lunch, bed all day. Ate soup, trifle, ice-cream, part mince & mashed pot., semolina, thickened water & fruit ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hospital blog: further seizure

Evening visit: arrived at 5 p.m.. Could not wake Brian. Supper arrived 5.20. Still totally unresponsive. Told nurse I would come back in 40 mins. to feed him. Back in 35 and still unresponsive.

Told nearest nurse I thought he might have had a "silent seizure" (he was apparently put back into bed at 2 p.m.) and 3 different people came to do "Obs". His temperature was lower than normal, his BP was up, he did not respond at all to pencil beam in his eyes. He later ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hospital blog, 1:4:2011

Walked into Brian's ward this morning to comments of "Oh, what perfect timing": they were just about to wash and change him. I stood beside him while they washed his face and chest, and then when they moved on down I held his hands in mine. I could feel the stress building up in him as they removed his pad and washed him and began to shout "No, stop that." And it went on.

(And yet I had been told by one of the nurses that during the night he had been very good, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hospital stay, 30th & 31st March 2011

Wed. 30th: Rang the care home and asked if I could call in to meet Manager (he had left a message) after visiting Brian.

Brian asleep when I arrived at 10.30. Nurse asked if I could give him his meds. He had already been washed. He half-woke up and took 3 tablets and some liquid for his bowels, but could not stay awake. I am presuming that it is the anti-psychotic that knocks him out. Stayed for another 15 min. and then left to visit the care home.

The room is smaller ...

Updated 31-03-2011 at 11:24 PM by Nan2seven

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hospital stay cont'd: 26-29 March inc.

Sat. 26th March: Woke at 5. Very tearful. Rang Matthew at 9. Visited Brian 10.30 to 11.15. Fine in hoist. Visited again 2.15 to 2.45. Brian put to bed after lunch. (Was just finishing it.) Fine in hoist again. Visited 5.15 to 6.30. He was wet, sheets, shirt and pad. All changed in bed. He swore at nurses and threatened to hit and bite them. BUT had been too sleepy at first to even wake up. Very vacant from time to time. Failed to respond to me several times = either immediately pre- or post-TIA ...

Updated 29-03-2011 at 08:51 PM by Nan2seven

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast